Kaboom already?

toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
edited May 11, 2009 in Landscapes
Every year KFOG a local SF radio station produces Kaboom, which includes entertainers and fireworks. Sometimes the fog intrudes, but the weather for the fireworks tomorrow looks good

The fireworks are off pier 32 adjacent to the Bay Bridge on Sat 5/9, they usually start at around 9:30pm.

Sat is a pretty full moon and the moonrise is at 8:12pm (sunset 8:07). The moonrise will still be in some twilight and the city lights should be on. It should be a good shooting opportunity.

Why don't some locals shoot some stuff (I'm going to) and post it here. It should be interesting seeing the fireworks from different angles in the city.

This from a previous event
293383508_czLDj-M.jpg

293404843_ES2yj-M.jpg
Rags

Comments

• dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2009
  • toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2009
    Thanks Dan, let's see if I get get some of those lazy so and so's out to take some good images

:D

Rags
    Rags
  • aktseaktse Registered Users Posts: 1,928 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2009
    Good luck! And i hope that fogs cooperates!

Last year, I called the event Ka-Bust! The fog ate everything...
    2482511209_b591a714ec.jpg2482511855_b7c57293a6.jpg

I'm missing it this year since I have a hockey game during the time
    and will have to live through the moment through you....

Can't wait to see your results!
    edited May 8, 2009
    Looks like you were on Yerba Buena. My shots were from last year but I was pretty close and yes the fog ate a lot.
    Rags
    edited May 10, 2009
    Well I went to Yerba Buena. To the spot where the SFPD closed up the fence. Man it was crowded. There must have been more than 60 people there PLUS the Channel 2 TV van. Ans more than a few, climbed the fence.

I was hoping to get the bridge close to the fireworks. I didn't think of the 'works being shot off a boat which was a little to far left. The nite was fog free and Iwas told the best that some could remember.

532966612_JRKg2-M.jpg

532966596_dcKiM-M.jpg

I tried long exposure thinking I would get streaming fireworks. I got blurred boats and very disturbing images, since much if the light spindals down

532966923_DqmKE-M.jpg

I wouldn't shoot Kaboom from there again, too much fog risk.
    Rags
  • aktseaktse Registered Users Posts: 1,928 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2009
    torags wrote:
    Looks like you were on Yerba Buena. My shots were from last year but I was pretty close and yes the fog ate a lot.
    Actually, I was on the pier last year during the foggy event.

This year, I heard the weather was *perfect*.

Actually, I think this year, the place to be was at the Marin headlands. Photos from sharpshutter on flickr IP

I'm so happy for him because he finally got the shot that he wanted after trying for years...

you got some good ones from this year! Congrats!
    edited May 11, 2009
    After seeing sharpshooters shot I am JEALOUS....
    Rags