Rainbow over Solway Firth

canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
edited May 14, 2009 in Landscapes
Last night I took this rainbow over the Solway Firth estuary, south west Scotland from my front door step. There is a second rainbow in the background. C & C always well accepted.
Regards
Bob

531924398_PSMFo-L.jpg

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2009
    Wow Bob, great catch!! That's an impressive rainbow and I think that the minimal nature of the land formation works in its favor. thumb.gif

I love the composition of this shot. Great job :D
  • canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2009
    schmoo wrote:
    Wow Bob, great catch!! That's an impressive rainbow and I think that the minimal nature of the land formation works in its favor. thumb.gif

I love the composition of this shot. Great job :D
    #

Hi Schmoo
    I had to be quick when I took this shot from my front door. I had to get a towel to throw over the camera and lens. I didn't mind getting wet. I am so pleased you liked it.
    Regards
    Bob
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2009
    Hey bob great photograph !
    Quite long since i have witnessed the Rainbow though had lots of rain.
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
    edited May 10, 2009
    Hey bob great photograph !
    Quite long since i have witnessed the Rainbow though had lots of rain.

Thanks Awais pleased you enjoyed it.
    Regards
    Bob
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2009
    I definitely see the end of the rainbow in this picture. Has to be faked as otherwise you'd have the pot of gold and not be bothered posting here any more ylsuper.gif
    edited May 14, 2009
    michswiss wrote:
    I definitely see the end of the rainbow in this picture. Has to be faked as otherwise you'd have the pot of gold and not be bothered posting here any more ylsuper.gif

Are you saying I faked this photo. I don't think so and I am quite disturbed that you should think this way and I would like Schmoos views on these remarks.
    Regards
    Bob
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2009
    canon400d wrote:
    Are you saying I faked this photo. I don't think so and I am quite disturbed that you should think this way and I would like Schmoo'[s views on these remarks.
    Regards
    Bob

Just a mild tease Bob. I was simply referring to the mythical end of the rainbow. Read tongue-in-cheek, it was meant to be a compliment that you'd got the shot.