She was a good dog.

jayegirljayegirl Registered Users Posts: 276 Major grins
edited May 10, 2009 in People
My Boston Terrier, Abbey. Rest in Peace. 5.08.09 Ten and a half years old, developed a brain tumor. She was 7 years old in this picture. She absolutely hated the camera, I have very few of her looking at it. Flash wasn't the issue either! When the camera was around my neck, she would go the other way. She would sit and stay when I told her to but never look at the camera. We will miss her.
118550360_Kowp4-L.jpg
Jaye

Comments

• justMEjustME Registered Users Posts: 209 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2009
    Sorry about Abby. Loss of a friend is very painful I know you'll miss her.
    Canon EOS 30D & 50D
    Arizona, USA
    http://justineolson.smugmug.com/

..........................................................................................
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2009
    Oh no! This is so sad. Breaks my heart to think about loosing my pup one day :cry I am very sorry to hear about your loss and feel with you!
  • ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2009
    My condolences. Our lhasa apso won't look at the camera either. I have one good photo of him and he's 12. He sees the camera and purposely turns away.

Hard for us that they don't live as long as we do but speaking for me, I am a glutton for that punishment. I hope the fond memories will give you comfort.
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com
  • VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2009
    I am sorry for your loss. It is hard to lose a 24 7 best friend. Funny how the camera was an issue. You'll think of that alot whenever you pick it up.

Our dog had a tumor removed that seemed to not be a real threat, I recall posing her soon after in a chair, wondering if it might be our last real picture of her, I had just begun to learn photography. Turned out it was her last "big" session. Our 28 yr old daughter made a shadow box for fathers day last year with that photo included. WE pet owners know the bitter sweetness of loving and caring for the little critters.
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2009
    Oh noooo......:cry

My family is still struggling with the loss of our pup a couple weeks ago. Im so sorry for your loss. Its tough to lose a friend who is totally non-judgmental of us......always forgiving.....always there to cheer us up.

I bought my wife a garden statue for mother's day. It is a statue of St. Francis, who watches over the animals. She loved it, but cried for several minutes after I placed it in our garden. The pain comes and goes, but the adoration is certainly always there.
  • WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2009
    I have tears for you.... Losing your baby right before mother's day. I can't even think of the day when my baby dog leaves me. I just started after Jeff's post taking a gazillion pictures of him for the day that will someday come. They are so like children, especially the small ones. She looks like she was a great pup. God bless......
    Snady :thumb
    my money well spent :D
    Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2009
    I know just how it is .... loosing a member of the family. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers as you begin the grieving process.
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2009
    I'm very sorry for your loss. Wish I had the right words to say, but I don't. So I'll post the poem below instead...

*** Abbey looks like she's posing and waiting, as in the following poem. ***

Rainbow Bridge

[SIZE=+1]Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
    [/SIZE]
    Randy
  • jayegirljayegirl Registered Users Posts: 276 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2009
    Thank you everyone for the sentiments. They are appreciated.
    Jaye
  • ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2009
    I'm so sorry to hear about this. :cry
    It breaks my heart to read this kind of stuff. I'm really feeling for you. Please take care!!
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • DeuceFourDeuceFour Registered Users Posts: 350 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2009
    Oh No...Im so sorry for you. I know all too well what it is like, and how hard it can be. Sorry for your loss...:cry