DSS #25 Possible Image

HaliteHalite Registered Users Posts: 467 Major grins
edited May 15, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Any thoughts positive or negative on this image? I'm thinking foul weather here. I've got some other ideas that I hope to try, but never know whether schedule will allow. Thanks for any C&C.

531961066_ozqrJ-L.jpg

Comments

• marikrismarikris Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2009
    Hi, Halite! I love the bright colors, but I am not sensing "foul" precisely because they are so eye-catching. Instead of foul weather, it looks like fun weather. The blur also makes it seem like the chairs are dancing ^_^
  • leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2009
    I like it.
    Growing with Dgrin

• FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2009
    Don't know about fitting the theme, but I love this photograph. Really, really neat!!

Maybe if you called it "Abandoned" or "Interrupted" it would reinforce the foul weather concept.

Virginia

Email
  • CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2009
    Awesome photo, Halite! thumb.gif

Unfortunately, like Marikris said, I'm not getting a sense of "foul" with this because it's so eye catching.

Perhaps a high contrast black & white of this image would give that "foul" feeling...
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • HaliteHalite Registered Users Posts: 467 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2009
    Thanks for the feedback, all. You've echoed some of my concerns about the connection to the theme. Maybe as you've suggested, Flyinggina, a good title could help some. I'm finding it hard to figure out a 'foul' image that isn't just plain ugly or disgusting. I've got some possibilities for 'fair'. Just have to see if I can execute.
  • billtaichibilltaichi Registered Users Posts: 75 Big grins
    edited May 11, 2009
    I think the image is awesome but don't feel that it fits the theme? Love the pic though.
    Remember wherever you go, there you are.
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2009
    This is a good picture. If I felt compelled to enter it, I would probably go with a title of "Fair weather friends". A common turn of phrase and one that I'd imagine experiencing with friends if a shower caused us all to quickly depart to cover.
  • DsrtVWDsrtVW Registered Users Posts: 1,991 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2009
    I like this shot also, but I guess the color of the chairs takes away from the foul for me. Even thought it has experienced foul weather they look to perky.ne_nau.gif
    Chris K. NANPA Member
    http://kadvantage.smugmug.com/
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2009
    love it. or is that a little over the top from me?
    Aaron Nelson
  • KevXmanKevXman Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2009

Whoa Aaron, control yourself.

I like it Halite and agree with the title "Fair Weather Friends". Good luck.
    Enjoy today, tomorrow is not guaranteed.

My Site, My Book
    edited May 14, 2009
    :jose Si.
    Aaron Nelson
  • fashiznitsngrinsfashiznitsngrins Registered Users Posts: 220 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2009

I love it too. My first impression of the theme was "foul weather" but would need to eliminate the challenge word and come up with something else... just my 2 cents
  • HaliteHalite Registered Users Posts: 467 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2009

Thanks Aaron. The absence of capital letters in the statement demonstrates some remnants of self-control remain.eek7.gif

Thank you all for your comments.
    edited May 15, 2009
    lol3.gif
    Aaron Nelson
  • KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2009
    Too Pretty
    Wonderful and energetic shot.. however, it is too pretty to make the "foul" impression here... I mean you have managed to make the weather look beautiful here.. I do like it a lot... this would have been a great entry for the energy round....
    it is so energetic and colorful..

perhaps ugly it up a little with a black and white conversion or a Sepia tone or something like that? if you could shoot it again, it would speak more for what you are saying if there would have been some handbags on the ground and coffee cups or food abandoned on the table to signify that the weather ruined something pleasant.. like a gathering of friends..

just my opinion...

Kat