Fashion Shoot C&C needed!

PhotoGuy40PhotoGuy40 Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
edited May 10, 2009 in People
I had the Opportunity to shot a knit wear fashion line and I'm looking for some advise on the best crop some and some overall C&C on my composition & lighting.

Lighting info: Shot during the sweet hour I only had a large softbox to camera left

3517398540_2389ca44a0_b.jpg

3517398754_ded5dda4c5_b.jpg

Nikon D700
Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8
Nikkor 28-70mm f/2.8

http://www.BernardFrazier.com

Comments

• afev0602afev0602 Registered Users Posts: 166 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2009
    Really nice...the second one is very "mysterious" ...nice light
    Well, I guess you would call me... genus, humanus... Alice.
    http://aliceswonderland.smugmug.com/
  • marikrismarikris Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2009
    Hi, photoguy! I like the composition of these images. A coupe of things I can say are a) there seems to be an ashy cast to her skin. Maybe for next time, try to see if a gold body shimmer/lotion could help make her skin glow. B) It may just be my uncalibrated monitor but the photo looks like it could use some contrast. Maybe brighten up her face a little more so that our eyes aren't pulled away from her by the pale branches. The middling branch, specially, is kind of disconcerting.

Anyway, hope that helps you :) Off to see your other thread now.
  • D'BuggsD'Buggs Registered Users Posts: 958 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2009
    marikris wrote:
    Hi, photoguy! I like the composition of these images. A coupe of things I can say are a) there seems to be an ashy cast to her skin. Maybe for next time, try to see if a gold body shimmer/lotion could help make her skin glow. B) It may just be my uncalibrated monitor but the photo looks like it could use some contrast. Maybe brighten up her face a little more so that our eyes aren't pulled away from her by the pale branches. The middling branch, specially, is kind of disconcerting.

Anyway, hope that helps you :) Off to see your other thread now.

Good eye! I woulda missed it if weren't pointed out - And I'm calibrated (just a wee bit dumb eek7.gif ). :D
  • WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2009
    #2 seems a touch underexposed and flat to to me but I like the content , colors and it doesn't hurt that you have a beautiful model. The only thing though that jumps out at me is her arm size in #2. could be that the lighting falls there and accentuates. I am thinking she will not like that it bulges out by the armpit. If you use photoshop you can use the "pinch" function to fix that or the other techniques you could use to thin it out. She isn't a big girl but it makes her look bigger than she is in comparison to #1.
    Snady :thumb
    my money well spent :D
    Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!