KnitWear Fashion Shoot C&C is Appreciated!

PhotoGuy40PhotoGuy40 Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
edited May 10, 2009 in People
I'm wondering if my eye for Fashion Photography is developing?
What do you think? Any advise for a novice?

3516585291_807775593e_b.jpg

3517397512_af5b8f6be0_b.jpg

3516585491_2688f380b5_b.jpg

3517398308_5d40f728d7_b.jpg

Nikon D700
Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8
Nikkor 28-70mm f/2.8

http://www.BernardFrazier.com

Comments

• afev0602afev0602 Registered Users Posts: 166 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2009
    I am clueless when it comes to fashion photography but I love to look....but I do know enough to say the last shot is downright frightening....It must be the processing because her forearms and the backs of her legs look like she has more hair on them than a 50 year old man.
    Well, I guess you would call me... genus, humanus... Alice.
    http://aliceswonderland.smugmug.com/
  • marikrismarikris Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2009
    Hi again, photoguy!

Let me start with a caveat: I'm not an expert, but you asked for cc so I will try to help to the best of my abilities in the hopes that if I steer you wrong, someone can correct us both lol.

Ok: I like #1. I think you are heading int he right direction there. I struggle with this too, but his skin looks very poreless, very porcelain. Maybe either a hint of pores or some kind of bronzer so it's not so flat looking?

#2: I'm reading this book right now about fashion photography by Bruce Smith (from amazon). And I seem to recall him say that wide angle zoom is his favorite lanes to shoot with. However, you have to be aware of the distortions and how they present your models. In this one, I think it is giving her a disproportional head in an unflattering way. It might help to shoot closer to her waist level to lessen this.

#3: Again, there is distortion here. But for me it seems to not be a big deal. Her pose and the juxtaposition of patterns and colors help make it quirky instead of unflattering.

#4 Afev is right in his comment above mine. The post processing is not helping her here. Specially for fashion photography. You want an image that creates an illusion so viewers will say, I want to buy that dress bc it will make me look like her. Or that perfume because the female next to it is a beautiful goddess and I want the lifestyle she looks to have. (At least that's how they always get me, shopaholic that I am). Here the pp is shouting out every pore and hair on her body. It's too "real."

Anyway, they are good to start with. Just remember what fashion photography is about and I can't wait to see your next set :)
  • leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2009
    The first is very prospective.
    Growing with Dgrin