Pitcher:

532779002_t6gpQ-XL.jpg

Runner:

532778964_XzqxV-XL.jpg

Coach:

532779052_BtZbd-L.jpg

Photoshopped:

532779024_irrRC-L.jpg

I really pushed the colors on some of these. I like the look, but would appreciate comments.

Z

It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.

Comments

• Options
    cmkultradomecmkultradome Registered Users Posts: 516 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2009
    I really like these, especially #1 & #2. The player is so sharp (great expressions) and I like the nicely blurred background. I've always favored the more saturated sports photos so I like what you did with the color.

Stephanie
  • Options
    ErbemanErbeman Registered Users Posts: 926 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2009
    Those shots are awesome!!!!
    Come see my Photos at:
    http://www.RussErbePhotography.com :thumb
    http://www.sportsshooter.com/erbeman

D700, D300, Nikkor 35-70 F/2.8, Nikkor 50mm F/1.8, Nikkor 70-200 AF-S VR F/2.8, Nikkor AF-S 1.7 teleconverter II,(2) Profoto D1 500 Air,SB-900, SB-600, (2)MB-D10, MacBook Pro
  • Options
    zack75144zack75144 Registered Users Posts: 261 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2009
    These look great! thumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif
    The photoshop pic you may have moved the ball a little too much.
    Zack www.zackjonesphotography.net
    EOS 7D, Zeiss 50mm f/1.4, EF 24-70mm f/2.8L, EF 135mm f/2L, EF 200mm f/2.8L II, EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM, EF 1.4 Ext II, 430EX, ST-E2, Tamrac Velocity 10X & Expeditioner 7 Bags.
  • Options
    SledhedSledhed Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    edited May 10, 2009
    The pitcher shot is by far the best but it needed a little faster shutter speed. In the last pic, I hope you didn't move the ball. If the pics are just for yourself or the parents that one thing but if you shoot for a newspaper or media outlet that is a big time no-no.
  • Options
    Frog LadyFrog Lady Registered Users Posts: 1,091 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2009
    I like the shots too - but the last one (the photoshopped one) I don't think it works. If the ball were truly in the mitt, the player would already be closing his glove around it. Also, he is still obviously looking out towards where the ball should be. So it looks photoshopped imo.

Otherwise, good shots.

C.
    Colleen
    check out my (sports) pics: ColleenBonney.smugmug.com

*Thanks to Boolsacho for the avatar photo (from the dgrin portrait project)
  • Options
    ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2009
    Sledhed wrote:
    The pitcher shot is by far the best but it needed a little faster shutter speed. In the last pic, I hope you didn't move the ball. If the pics are just for yourself or the parents that one thing but if you shoot for a newspaper or media outlet that is a big time no-no.

I prefaced this as a PS experiment. That's all it is.

Z

PS: I did print the one with the short stop and his glove ready (without the ball) and gave it to the parents - they were thrilled!
    It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.