Underneath the Lupu Bridge

michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
edited May 11, 2009 in Landscapes
Here are a couple of shots I took while waiting for a friend to finish the bridge walk over the Lupu Bridge in Shanghai. The Lupu Bridge is the longest arch bridge in the world at something over 550 meters unsupported. I remained below as I wasn't allowed to carry my larger lenses and monopod on the walk and I wasn't going to leave them behind. I forgot to reset from the 1600 ISO of the night before for the first shot but thankfully remembered after wondering why I needed such a high aperture and slow shutter in the shade :huh

C&C is very much appreciated.

1) Heading toward Puxi
532842187_TLicf-XL.jpg

2) Heading toward Pudong
532818588_uYGXt-L.jpg

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2009
    I love these! B/W is perfect for these compositions. The only nit I have is the first seems a bit tilted, even though it might just be the result of the angle at which you were standing.

Great job thumb.gif
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2009
    schmoo wrote:
    I love these! B/W is perfect for these compositions. The only nit I have is the first seems a bit tilted, even though it might just be the result of the angle at which you were standing.

Great job thumb.gif

You're assuming I was standing! I aligned the image on the vertical drains on the longest centred column. Maybe the wrong point?