Options

Possibly stupid question: shipping outside the US

JusticeiroJusticeiro Registered Users Posts: 1,177 Major grins
edited May 10, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I know this has probably been asked and answered, to death, somewhere else. But I've searched and I can't find any reference to it.

I'm now located in Europe, and my business model (such as it is) for weddings (which I don't normally do) had been as follows: I shoot them, people order the prints they want off of smugmug. I'm not really a wedding photographer, I just usually do it as a wedding gift to people I know, so they can save a few thousand euros or dollars.

Now I have moved to Europe and am shooting a friend's wedding in June. It's in Prague.

Not having local currency (this really needs to be fixed, but that dead hors has been beaten enough) isn't the issue. Czechs are used to dealing with foreign currencies anyway, as they aren't in the Eurozone.

What I want to know is this- where do the photos they order come from? Does smugmug have a European printing center, or will they be shipped from the US? That could get pricey for the folks here on the other side of the pond. Do they need to take any special steps because they are outside the US?

Thanks in advance for the help,

Justi
Cave ab homine unius libri

Comments