A week in....

divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
edited May 12, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
... and judging by the empty gallery and the dearth of threads in maybe everybody else is also stumped for the MC? I hope...??!! :yikes

Tearing hair out.

No.
Ideas.
At.
All.

Of course, having been flat on my back sick all week and then preoccupied with my first paid shoot yesterday I've had precious little time to obsess about it, but sheesh. My imagination has gone AWOL!!!

This is a completely pointless post, but I figure y'all will forgive me. I hope :rofl

Comments

• sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2009
    It'll hit you. I have faith that you'll find your inspiration.

Caroline
  • dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2009
    This may be a stupid question, but have you just googled the word energy to see what comes up. I did it out of curiosty and saw things listed that I would not have thought of.
  • KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2009
    Hi Diva (laughing)
    You had me rolling on this one...how funny.rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif

I had the same thought all week.. I mean the silence is scaring me.. I have never seen the board so silent... I have struggled with this one "big time"....

I shot a full week and they all fell flat to turn out what I wanted... then today I shot again and I think I have something.. I just hope it is entry worthy.. this one is taking photoshop help I think... however, I even have a back up one that I consider maybe worthy in case the one I am working on in PS does not work out.. You never know with a PS project what is going to come out on the other end...

When I first saw "energy" I thought, yay.. that will be easy.. boy was I wrong...>eek7.gifhuheek7.gif

Sorry to hear you came down with the sick bug,,, my husband just came down with something this evening, perhaps it is going around... Well I hope I can finish the entry before I catch it..

Good luck on your entry... or should I say your idea of an entry rolleyes1.gif

Kat
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2009
    dnie wrote:
    This may be a stupid question, but have you just googled the word energy to see what comes up. I did it out of curiosty and saw things listed that I would not have thought of.

Yeah, 'fraid so. Still nada. Zip. Nichts. Rien. Nulla. headscratch.gif
    edited May 10, 2009
    Google
    Yeah... I tried Google and numerous other things.. mostly all you get is wind energy.. stuff.... that is the thing.. the things that come to mind are wind energy or light or fire.. I am trying to think outside of the box on this one....

I got so frustrated last night, I actually shot a Glownado... with flying glowing cows and houses.. lol :ivar:ivar:ivar

I had creative overload I guess you could say from tying to come up with something from hundreds of light shots.. finally I abandoned the light idea..

Kat
  • DsrtVWDsrtVW Registered Users Posts: 1,991 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2009
    I had that in the last one did not know who to go with. I had studied Ansel Adams and when I looked at my photos everything looked like crap that I shot in Yosemite. Big shoes to fill in his domain and I did not have a large format field camera with huge depth of field. So I set my sights lower and did a study. Still wasn't what I wanted but I but it was as close I thought I could get, I was thrilled that it was chosen to be in the finals.
    Maybe when all the cold meds get out of our system it will come to you
    Chris K. NANPA Member
    http://kadvantage.smugmug.com/
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    Yeah, 'fraid so. Still nada. Zip. Nichts. Rien. Nulla. headscratch.gif

I'm with you. Na-da, nichts, zilch for me too. ne_nau.gif
  • ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2009
    You guys always seem to come up with something totally amazing....so have faith, something will come!!!!Good luck to you all!
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2009
    :lurk

Virginia

Email
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2009
    Things at rest
    Things at rest also have energy. Not everything needs to be kinetic. Just think potential. Isaac Newton was smacked in the head with it. It's probably sitting on your kitchen counter right now, precariously balanced and liable to fall...

The Force is there for you young divamum. Let it flow through you. :D
  • Scott MacKenzieScott MacKenzie Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited May 11, 2009
    Listening to David Bowie always helps me.

Old or "new".
    I like images that feel like I am the Walrus sounds.
  • HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2009
    I think you're all just holding your cards close!!!!
    drums.gif
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2009
    Diva, I hope you get all healthy if you havent already!

oh, and i too have zero, nada... ive tried a couple of things but with no good results... i have one chance on Saturday evening to shoot, (and its after a day a branding cows all day so im going to be exhusted) I wish us both luck!
    Aaron Nelson
    edited May 12, 2009
    Ridem Cowboy
    Well Aaron... you know there is a lot of energy that goes into branding and herding cows... just imagine a close up shot of a brand searing the cows hide.. Ouch!!

not to mention a herd of them rushing in all at once into the corral... you could throw some motion blur on it to exaggerate it and at the right brave angle that would pack a punch...

Just some thoughts...

Yehaw..wave.gif

Kat
    edited May 12, 2009
    Hey Diva
    Hope your feeling better...

Hey how did your daughter's birthday turn out? I hope it went great... did you get pictures..? My son's bday is in June.. he will turn 13 years old.. oh no, my first teenager....eek7.gifhuheek7.gifhuheek7.gifhuheek7.gifhuh

Hope your better...

Kat
    edited May 12, 2009
    :D

way too much dust for me to dare bring equipment.... im a pristine freak when it comes to gear...

besides, our Bull wants me dead so i tend to pay attention of him at all times..... i cant be chimping now can I?....
    Aaron Nelson
  • cmorganphotographycmorganphotography Registered Users Posts: 980 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2009
    You do a lot of self portraits, have you thought of the energy in your eyes? Or movement? Setting up a single lamp/light and doing a long exposure to capture arm movement or dance?

Or. You could eat an energy bar and think of something. If it doesn't work you could sue them for false advertising and get a lot of money and jump for joy and the photo capture of that moment would have a ton of energy. :D
    edited May 12, 2009
    Well
    Oh.... well maybe not then...... lol

bull.jpg
  • pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2009
    I'm at the other end of the scale of problems.
    I need 8 burly blokes, a hammock and a tree...
    Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/
    edited May 12, 2009
    i have one chance on Saturday evening to shoot, (and its after a day a branding cows all day so im going to be exhusted)

eek7.gif Branding cows?

Aaron, you're a man of hidden talents! rolleyes1.gif
  • pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2009
    oh, and i too have zero, nada... ive tried a couple of things but with no good results... i have one chance on Saturday evening to shoot, (and its after a day a branding cows all day so im going to be exhusted) I wish us both luck!

Call Mike Rowe. That should get you a shot :D
    Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/
    edited May 12, 2009
    michswiss wrote:
    Things at rest also have energy. Not everything needs to be kinetic. Just think potential.

I Agree, it is a wide array of subjects to be had....

Ive been thinking about a power pole...but i cant get the sun to reflect off the power lines like i want...
    Aaron Nelson
    edited May 12, 2009
    richtersl wrote:
    eek7.gif Branding cows?

Aaron, you're a man of hidden talents! rolleyes1.gif

i never said i was good at it... :D
    Aaron Nelson
    edited May 12, 2009
    HoofClix wrote:
    I think you're all just holding your cards close!!!!
    drums.gif

can i turn in mine and get five more?
    Aaron Nelson
    edited May 12, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    My imagination has gone AWOL!!!

thats it!, we will need to lock you in the bathroom for an hour with only a camera in hand.....
    Aaron Nelson
    edited May 12, 2009
    thats it!, we will need to lock you in the bathroom for an hour with only a camera in hand.....

That's WAY too much information.....lol3.gif
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2009

There are some many retorts to this but... welll... I'll just leave THOSE to your imagination rolleyes1.giflol4
    edited May 12, 2009
    i was looking forward to the retorts:D
    Aaron Nelson
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2009
    I Agree, it is a wide array of subjects to be had....

Ive been thinking about a power pole...but i cant get the sun to reflect off the power lines like i want...

Ask and you shall receive. Ok, I'm not in this challenge but this is a shot I spent a lot of time working on for "Parched or Saturated". I could tell some good stories around how I eventually got it (just think two weeks, a restaurant, two precarious crates, a long pole, a shaved dog, several cooks, a back alley and no common language).
    515089472_7iaHX-L.jpg

I'm happy to share the location of the pole and wires to anyone willing to come to Shanghai and go on a Photog walk-about.
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2009
    OK... I think I finally have an idea. I'm going tonight to shoot it so wish me luck. If that doesn't work, I may just light my own ass on fire and see what kind of shots I get.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site