Options

Photoshop

SharkShark Registered Users Posts: 282 Major grins
edited May 12, 2009 in Finishing School
I've seen a couple pretty amazing things done with photos on this Forum, so I thought I'd bring this to everybody here. I don't know if this is the right place for this though. I once saw somebody totally wipe out someone else's watermark, and I couldn't believe the finished product. I don't know how to do those kind of things in Photoshop. I was wondering about the photo below. Can the referee be taken out of this shot and have it not noticeable? I am going to print the photo, but if I can, but I'd like to do it without the ref in there if at all possible. If not, he can stay in, no problem, but I wanted to check first.
Thanks.

Shark

533931993_2t85N-X3.jpg
"12 significant photographs in any one year is a good crop".
Ansel Adams

www.pbs131.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,699 moderator
    edited May 11, 2009
    I do not see a picture.

Do you have external links enabled?
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2009
    Shark wrote:
    I've seen a couple pretty amazing things done with photos on this Forum, so I thought I'd bring this to everybody here. I don't know if this is the right place for this though. I once saw somebody totally wipe out someone else's watermark, and I couldn't believe the finished product. I don't know how to do those kind of things in Photoshop. I was wondering about the photo below. Can the referee be taken out of this shot and have it not noticeable? I am going to print the photo, but if I can, but I'd like to do it without the ref in there if at all possible. If not, he can stay in, no problem, but I wanted to check first.
    Thanks.

Shark

533931993_2t85N-X3.jpg

Can't see photo but even without seeing it I can answer YES,,,it can be done.....that was one of the first selling points to photoshop....to remove that unwanted family member from the only photo that had whole family + the unwanted person.....in the advertisement they removed the head and shoulders and then cloned back the background all in less time than the commercial ran....elapsed time was supposedly 5 minutes........so yes it can be done.....it may take you minutes or months, but YOU CAN DO IT.........
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited May 12, 2009
    I haven't been at my computer for a day or two. I can't believe I screwed up displaying the photo. It may not look like a good shot to everyone, but the Bruin's are are my favorite team, it was my first trip to the Garden, and it was a playoff game. I took this photo with my 85mm lens, from across the ice and 17 rows up.
    Thanks.

Shark

533931993_2t85N-X3.jpg
    Ansel Adams

www.pbs131.smugmug.com
  • Options
    aj986saj986s Registered Users Posts: 1,100 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2009
    It can be done. Time determines how good it'll be. This is a crude 10 minute attempt.....using Photoshop 5. Basically used cloning brush to slowly remove the ref.
    Tony P.
    Canon 50D, 30D and Digital Rebel (plus some old friends - FTB and AE1)
    Long-time amateur.....wishing for more time to play
    Autocross and Track junkie
    tonyp.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited May 12, 2009
    aj986s wrote:
    It can be done. Time determines how good it'll be. This is a crude 10 minute attempt.....using Photoshop 5. Basically used cloning brush to slowly remove the ref.

I don't see anything.
    Ansel Adams

www.pbs131.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited May 12, 2009
    Shark wrote:
    I don't see anything.

Just fixed it. The first file size didn't upload (I missed the error message). Resized and added it.
    Tony P.
    tonyp.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited May 12, 2009
    Wow, that's pretty good.
    Ansel Adams

www.pbs131.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited May 12, 2009
    My First Time Ever.
    This is the first time I've ever tried cloning. It's a pretty cool tool. It got a little funky for me with the ref's head, near the top of the boards and the player's glove. What do you all think?

534846410_nQN3h-XL.jpg
    Ansel Adams

www.pbs131.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited May 12, 2009
    Nicely done! I agree that the ref's head was the toughest area to do. Patience (time) and zooming in can help the results.
    Tony P.
    tonyp.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited May 12, 2009
    aj986s wrote:
    Nicely done! I agree that the ref's head was the toughest area to do. Patience (time) and zooming in can help the results.

Thanks.
    Ansel Adams

www.pbs131.smugmug.com