New chal 40, g

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited June 10, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
Does this worry anyone? See anything that could lead to danger, any danger for this beautiful smiling child? All alone in a somewhat rough, ocean?
It IS a straight photo, not much photoshop at all, and I certainly did not put the child there. Thought I should clear that idea up, :D

24455421-L.jpg

24439688-L.jpg
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• MongrelMongrel Registered Users Posts: 622 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2005
    Ok, Ginger whatever you say...
    ginger_55 wrote:
    I certainly did not put the child there. Thought I should clear that idea up, :D
    Do you really expect us to believe you didn't roll that kid in shark bait and toss her out there? umph.gif Come on now-fess up, you'll feel better about it :Drolleyes1.gif

Hey Ginger, how's it going?

Yes-DANGER, I sense it in this one (who wouldn't?) If that kid was at the shore by me-Long Beach Island-she'd be sucked out to sea in an instant (undertow is killer on that Island). Nice 'catch'.

Suggestion-it's a bit bright (maybe my monitor? I just calibrated it but I'm starting to wonder....). If it looks good on *your* monitor let it go. Maybe someone else can give us some input on how it looks to them.

Take care,

Mongrel
    If every keystroke was a shutter press I'd be a pro by now...
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2005
    Thanks, mongrel, for looking.

I don't know re the bright, it is bright.

Feedback??

I have so many beach photos, it was bright. Now that one, maybe I should do something, but I did very little working up all night. It was bright out there, very. And hot, and tiring. And fun...............

ginger

(would you like some more "warm" in it. Actually, if memory serves, to get the facial tones right, the water seemed awefully blue when I got through, so I toned it down. A bit.)
  • coldclimbcoldclimb Registered Users Posts: 1,169 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2005
    This is much more dangerous than your last one, for sure! Made me go "whoa". icon10.gif
    John Borland
    www.morffed.com
  • behr655behr655 Registered Users Posts: 552 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2005
    Yep, looks dangerous to me. It doesn't look too bright to me. Nice shot.

Bear
  • HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2005
    Looks dangerous to me
    Hi Ginger,
    This one shows danger. I also like the second one better, more natural coloring and saturation.

Nice capture,
    Chris

A picture is but words to the eyes.
    Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister

• caceecacee Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited June 9, 2005
    I see danger, no doubt. Nice shot, I like the second one the best.
    Cacee
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2005
    Definitely conveys danger. thumb.gif I'll be a contrarian I like the first one best. clap.gif

Virginia

Email
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2005
    In one I used curves, the other I used levels.

Something in that shot just wants throw everything out of whack. I tried highlights and shadows, it just got superdark, to darker than that.

i will have to try something to bring the bluer one up with some zip, but lacking the jelly look that levels gave it.

Maybe by using neither??

I am beginning to hate Photoshop! It doesn't seem to fix my problems, just creates different ones.

thanks, you all, for the encouragement, and your opinions, first and second.
    I didn't know anyone had posted. No one is posting much anywhere else, not on my stuff. I just checked this. You all rock!

ginger
  • behr655behr655 Registered Users Posts: 552 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2005
    Hi Ginger,
    This one shows danger. I also like the second one better, more natural coloring and saturation.

Nice capture,
    Chris
    The first one is more natural looking for the Atlantic where I assume it was shot.

Bear
  • erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2005
    15524779-Ti.gif The colors really look more like they belong on the first one. I don't think it's too bright. Nice shot! thumb.gif

Erich