Options

Event Pre Paid Orders

david1707david1707 Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
edited May 13, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
As primarily an event photographer I would love to be able to take payment right at the event and give the customer a card with a code on it that allows them to then download the print I just took or download it from my site. I have seen this done while I was in Mallorca (photographers going around the clubs taking shots and offering this). Would something like this be included in the coupons you will be offering the pro users?

Comments

• Options
    johngjohng Registered Users Posts: 1,658 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2009
    If you're going to allow them to download any photo in the gallery - you can already do that without a code. Just set up a private gallery and allow downloads for zero dollars.
  • Options
    Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2009
    johng wrote:
    Just set up a private gallery and allow downloads for zero dollars.

This is how I do it. I make up enough password cards to pass out to those at the event, and sell the cards to the event participants. They are then permitted to download their images.
    Works very well, and you can make as many galleries as you wish. I set up one for portraits and one for general shots. You can price them separately.
    If they want Bay Photo printing, I offer at a discounted rate. I usually take a few different printings from various printers to show the difference in quality.
    Steve

Website
  • Options
    mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2009
    This is how I do it. I make up enough password cards to pass out to those at the event, and sell the cards to the event participants. They are then permitted to download their images.
    Works very well, and you can make as many galleries as you wish. I set up one for portraits and one for general shots. You can price them separately.
    If they want Bay Photo printing, I offer at a discounted rate. I usually take a few different printings from various printers to show the difference in quality.
    That doesn't work so well if you want to limit how many images they can get for the $$$ you charged them, though. For that you really want a coupon, I believe. And that feature is in the works.
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
  • Options
    Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2009
    mercphoto wrote:
    For that you really want a coupon, I believe. And that feature is in the works.

A feature I will certainly welcome :D.
    Steve

Website
  • Options
    david1707david1707 Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited May 13, 2009
    Thanks for your responses. Some good ideas until they get coupons rolling. It may not work super good but it's better than no money at all.