Spain

534695294_qKXzA-L-0.jpg

Please tell me what you think... :scratch
Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
VegasGreatAttractions.com
Travelways.com

Comments

• anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2009
    I'd get rid of the bull if it were me. Not sure what the bull adds to the significance to the theme. I think it really distracts from what could be a great image.

Just my $.02.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2009
    Huh?
    Come on.....Cuban.. The bull signifies "Spain" ya know bull running..:ivar
    I think..............
    don't you think the bull gives the photo perspective and depth? it also serves to balance the photo.. I mean I agree it would still be a great photo without the bull too, but I like the bull...

it is a gorgeous work of energy and colors photobug.. the sky looks like it is on fire.... one suggestion though...

I don't like the blue on the bottom.. it distracts from it being a true silhouette.
    I would burn that in or fill it in to match the rest of it..

Kat
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2009
    I'm all for the bull too (man, that is a deeply bizarre sentence to write - don't take it out of context now, ok???!!!?? rolleyes1.gif)

I think this is a lovely, striking shot. That said, other than the "fire" colour, I'm not sure it's that on-theme. Then again, that seems to be the hard part with this one!!

Beautiful photograph, regardless. Tatiana, your skills are growing exponentially at the moment!! clap.gif
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2009
    I guess it's me then. The bull is not doing anything for me. I think the image without the bull would be so much better. Like I said, it's a fantastic shot. I think the shot without the bull fits the theme better than with the bull. Yeah... I see the bull symbolizes Spain, but I don't connect Spain with Energy.

I guess you could say the bull symbolizes power. Power = Energy and all, but it's a stretch for me. At least she's got something going which is more than I can say for myself... I'm shooting blanks on this one.

You know what's ironic... I don't like the bull but I am typically full of bull. rolleyes1.gif
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2009
    hmmm... and I can completely see the bull exuding power and energy. Maybe I have seen too many bull riders tossed around like a toy.

anyway, love the picture!
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2009
    The bull works for me, and definitely symbolizes energy. I agree with Kat that you should get rid of the "blue" on the bottom.

Great shot Tatiana clap.gif

Dan :D
  • travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2009
    Thank you so much guys iloveyou.gif

Well the image is not supposed to have any "blue" on the bottom... it's just a screen distortion of the black

I'll correct it so it doesn't look blue :)

Now, about the bull: - I honestly have to say that everybody's right here... rolleyes1.gif

Some days ago I saw a postcard in a hotel with a similar bull on the prairie
    - nothing but a dry field in the sunset with some gorgeous clouds...
    Uoahh! this is ENERGY - I said!!!

In that moment I wished so much to find a bull - even in a gift store, take a silhouette of it
    and superimpose it on a sunset landscape.

The unbelievable happened!!! - While driving on a small road, I suddenly saw this:

534673137_qb4rE-L.jpg

It was not exactly the same - later I found 2 others (?) - It seems that Spanish really like this symbol :)

I shot it with the whitest possible sky in order to easy detach it, and thought to find the appropriate
    sunset landscape for it.

Now - the thing is that in the past 2 days the weather was overcast, and I was not on the road either...

This morning I was anxious to work on this image though.., so, I looked through my photos for another landscape :baldy

Bottom line, the bull is the main element I want to use, since it really symbolizes energy.

However, I'll wait to find the appropriate landscape for it and change the entry :ian

Thank you so much for your comments rolleyes1.gif
    Travelways.com
    edited May 13, 2009
    I still don't have another landscape, but I adjusted a little the previous photo:

Spain 2

535448159_m4t8c-L.jpg

How is it now! - Do you still see any blue on the bottom?
    Travelways.com
  • KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2009
    nope
    No.... I don't see any blue on the bottom anymore, well a little on the right side.... but now the "bull" looks blueish.... back to the drawing board... rolleyes1.gif

wait for some other posts though, it may be my monitor, but looks blue to me..

Kat
    edited May 13, 2009
    ... Or this...

Spain 3

535453381_MiAhb-L-0.jpg

Thank you Kate :) Uh,... I don't see any blue on the bull...headscratch.gif
    Travelways.com
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2009
    Kat is correct about the bluish bull and some in the lower right hand corner.

I would try taking down the saturation a bit in the entire photo to extinguish the blue and make the orange a tad bit more real. Then I would run the whole thing through whatever noise reduction software you have (just my thoughts)

By the way, did I mention that I really like this image thumb.gif

Dan
    edited May 13, 2009
    dlplumer wrote:
    Kat is correct about the bluish bull and some in the lower right hand corner.

I would try taking down the saturation a bit in the entire photo to extinguish the blue and make the orange a tad bit more real. Then I would run the whole thing through whatever noise reduction software you have (just my thoughts)

By the way, did I mention that I really like this image thumb.gif

Dan

Thank you so much Dan, I'll do this :)
    Travelways.com