New and wanted to share a photo of my daughter

sugarblossomsugarblossom Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
edited May 13, 2009 in People
would love ur thoughts on this one.... and how do u upload more then one?
sugarblossom:ivar

Comments

• sugarblossomsugarblossom Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited May 12, 2009

must not be good enough for here ...lol any one?
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited May 12, 2009

Hi there and welcome to Dgrin wave.gif. Be patient, sometimes it takes a while for people to comment. As for uploading, you can't attach more than a single pic in a post, but you can link to as many as you like. How To Post on Dgrin
    edited May 12, 2009
    Richard wrote:
    Hi there and welcome to Dgrin wave.gif. Be patient, sometimes it takes a while for people to comment. As for uploading, you can't attach more than a single pic in a post, but you can link to as many as you like. How To Post on Dgrin

Sorry hehe and thank you!
  • Joe DukovacJoe Dukovac Registered Users Posts: 213 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2009
    Personally I like the use of DOF. Everyone has their own take on it, but as far as my taste, I love it.

I guess the only thing that stands out to me is the skin texture. Did you do any skin softening in PP? It look s extremely smooth, and that may be the case since your daughter is a child. Anyhow, just my two cents for what their worth.

Joe
    Joe
    North View Studio
    http://www.zoradphotography.com
    Montreal, Canada
    edited May 12, 2009
    Personally I like the use of DOF. Everyone has their own take on it, but as far as my taste, I love it.

I guess the only thing that stands out to me is the skin texture. Did you do any skin softening in PP? It look s extremely smooth, and that may be the case since your daughter is a child. Anyhow, just my two cents for what their worth.

Joe

nope didnt use any skin smoothing.. I did use a action on it though maybe it had it in the action. Thank you
  • lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2009
    Welcome! You're daughter is very cute! I love the blue eyes and red hair.

As far as the photo, I am fairly new and only an aspiring pro and not sure if my opinions are worth anything, so if anyone wants to jump in to let me know if i'm off track, please do....but there are two things I see here. One is there is a blueish purple cast to it. Don't know if that's intentional but the photo imo would look better without it. The other thing is I would like to either see a little of both legs maybe out to the side or none at all, but just seeing a piece of the one leg on the one side is distracting to me. Other than that I think it's great! Enjoy this forum, there is a wealth of information here that is very valuable. :D
    edited May 12, 2009
    lilmomma wrote:
    Welcome! You're daughter is very cute! I love the blue eyes and red hair.

As far as the photo, I am fairly new and only an aspiring pro and not sure if my opinions are worth anything, so if anyone wants to jump in to let me know if i'm off track, please do....but there are two things I see here. One is there is a blueish purple cast to it. Don't know if that's intentional but the photo imo would look better without it. The other thing is I would like to either see a little of both legs maybe out to the side or none at all, but just seeing a piece of the one leg on the one side is distracting to me. Other than that I think it's great! Enjoy this forum, there is a wealth of information here that is very valuable. :D

Thank you... i do see the blue cast "on the shirt?" I used natural light from my daughters window and it was my first time with a black backdrop...lol not sure if the blue came from it or the action i added to it. The leg in the background is distracting but i also kinda like it cuz of the dof... but i do plan on makeing one with out the leg to try and see what it looks like i just havent dont it yet. Thanks for ur cc it did help!
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2009
    Welcome.

Adorable daughter and very nice portrait attempt.

I would be inclined to crop this one much tighter. I find the leg in the background distracting since it breaks the symmetry in the center of the photo.
  • lisarhinehartlisarhinehart Registered Users Posts: 279 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2009
    Thoughts from a newbie
    I personally really like this shot and your style. I think the lighting, color, and expression work well here-- and love natural light myself. The leg doesn't bother me, but it probably would look a little more clean without it. I think this crop would work well for an enlargement and maybe closer for smaller prints, but again I'm a newbie. Congrats on your first people post, mine was a few days ago as well-- the one with the little girl at the tea party :). Lisa
    Lisa
    My Website