HDR Bail Bonds Office

redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
edited May 15, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
I shot this during a recent outing to east San Antonio. I was taken by the name and the abandoned look. It's a 3 exposure HDR. Auto exposure, ISO 100, f/13 at 1/10, 1/20, and 1/40.

"Nothin' is Free"

522876269_yrGFc-XL.jpg
"But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
www.redleashphoto.com

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2009
    redleash wrote:
    I shot this during a recent outing to east San Antonio. I was taken by the name and the abandoned look. It's a 3 exposure HDR. Auto exposure, ISO 100, f/13 at 1/10, 1/20, and 1/40.

"Nothin' is Free"

The colours look very natural not overly done with HDR at all,
    nice going clap.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2009
    Thanks, Skippy! Sometimes, I go for the extreme look just to explore some other art styles but I mainly try to stick with the more natural look.

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2009
    I agree...looks natural and not overdone. Is this place still open?
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2009
    That building looks strangely similar to the Alamo. Any sub-conscious marketing going on there rolleyes1.gif

Nice shot Lauren
    Randy
    edited May 14, 2009
    So you noticed, eh Randy? I've thought of doing a series of buildings shaped like the Alamo--but it would take me too long! rolleyes1.gif If I decide to do it, this one is a good one to start with, seeing as how the "Freedom" theme fits both buildings.

Dogdots--I shot this in late morning and saw no evidence of any business so I guess it is closed. It's also a long way from the courthouse. Which may explain why it is closed--most bail bonds offices are near the action!

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
    edited May 14, 2009
    redleash wrote:
    So you noticed, eh Randy? I've thought of doing a series of buildings shaped like the Alamo--but it would take me too long! rolleyes1.gif If I decide to do it, this one is a good one to start with, seeing as how the "Freedom" theme fits both buildings.

Dogdots--I shot this in late morning and saw no evidence of any business so I guess it is closed. It's also a long way from the courthouse. Which may explain why it is closed--most bail bonds offices are near the action!

I see now one of the signs is over a window....at least it looks like it is. Are those lightbulbs over each sign? Night time with the lights on over the signs would make for a neat photo.
    edited May 15, 2009
    They do look like light bulbs. But this is not an area I want to visit at night. Friends were shocked yesterday when I told them where I'd been shooting . . . but all I have encountered have been birds and friendly people. Then again, this morning's paper showed a gang arrest just a couple of streets from this shot.

Such an interesting city this is! :D

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
    edited May 15, 2009
    redleash wrote:
    They do look like light bulbs. But this is not an area I want to visit at night. Friends were shocked yesterday when I told them where I'd been shooting . . . but all I have encountered have been birds and friendly people. Then again, this morning's paper showed a gang arrest just a couple of streets from this shot.

Such an interesting city this is! :D

Oh my...stay away from that area at night....probably daytime too.