Options

My Lil' Yankee

Grumpy_oneGrumpy_one Registered Users Posts: 242 Major grins
edited May 13, 2009 in Sports
Thought I'd try something different. This is my son at his pitching debut. They play on the same field every game, same time, in the shade. But for about 20 minutes, the sun peeks through.
534788227_xXagT-L.jpg
By chance his choice for the team name got picked out of a hat "Little Yankee's"

This is one of the other pitchers on the team, again something different.
534808859_KuaNM-L.jpg
5D3, 7D, 50 1.4, 580EX, EFS 70-200L 2.8 IS MkI, 1.4x TC, 24-70 MKII, 85 1.8,(that's it ...for now)
http://www.happyvalleyphotography.com

Comments

• Options
    KaganKagan Registered Users Posts: 196 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2009
    The second one is nice, but not something that gets me excited.
    That first one is absolutely gorgeous! clap.gif I would love to know how you processed it. The second one isnt bad and dont want to sound that way, its just not something that I care for compared to that beautiful first shot. Great job!
    Grumpy_one wrote:
    Thought I'd try something different. This is my son at his pitching debut. They play on the same field every game, same time, in the shade. But for about 20 minutes, the sun peeks through.
    534788227_xXagT-L.jpg
    By chance his choice for the team name got picked out of a hat "Little Yankee's"
    Kagan
  • Options
    Grumpy_oneGrumpy_one Registered Users Posts: 242 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2009
    Kagan wrote:
    The second one is nice, but not something that gets me excited.
    That first one is absolutely gorgeous! clap.gif I would love to know how you processed it. The second one isnt bad and dont want to sound that way, its just not something that I care for compared to that beautiful first shot. Great job!
    Thanks. Here's the original:
    535578170_MtbKB-L.jpg
    First I had to wait for that perfect moment of golden light to hit the subject. Then I had to get rid of the person in bkgrd, then a little sharpening, changed to blk&wht, used color balance, then picked a somewhat dark color from the pic its self, did an overlay layer and just erased the middle until I got wanted. Problem I had with this one, and it was a lesson for me, the first one I did in 4x6 and didn't save the psd file. Then I wanted it in 8x10 and didn't have enough of the photo to crop, trying to duplicate what I did on the fly was a challenge. Somethimes you get that flow going and something turns out great. Then you try to replicate that process and run into all kinds of problems.....Cheers
    5D3, 7D, 50 1.4, 580EX, EFS 70-200L 2.8 IS MkI, 1.4x TC, 24-70 MKII, 85 1.8,(that's it ...for now)
    http://www.happyvalleyphotography.com
  • Options
    b08rsab08rsa Registered Users Posts: 216 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2009
    The second shot reminds me of the video clip by the group "The Gorillaz" Feel Good Inc. Very vicely done on the animation part. My .02

Ron A.
    Sony A7ii, Sigma 24mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Lens, Sony FE85mm f/1.8 Lens, Sony FE 28-70 mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Lens, Godox 860iiS Flash.