I Can Do This

T. BombadilT. Bombadil Registered Users Posts: 286 Major grins
edited May 13, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Well, maybe.

"I Can Do This" is the title of the photo, because I happen to know it was the dog's thought at the time.

It was taken last August, and I am only now starting (very early stages) to understand post-processing. It was a high contrast scene (from full sun to dark side of the dog and dark side of the trees across the way). Pre-processed image had boring sky, but clouds somewhat visible now. Would love to hear some C&C. Otherwise, just hope it brings a smile.

Thanks for looking.

495174174_JMcyX-L.jpg
Bruce

Chooka chooka hoo la ley
Looka looka koo la ley

Comments

• RoadkillRoadkill Registered Users Posts: 494 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2009
    Could you also post the pre-processed shot for a comparison?

I like the photo though.
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2009
    Well, maybe.

"I Can Do This" is the title of the photo, because I happen to know it was the dog's thought at the time.

It was taken last August, and I am only now starting (very early stages) to understand post-processing. It was a high contrast scene (from full sun to dark side of the dog and dark side of the trees across the way). Pre-processed image had boring sky, but clouds somewhat visible now. Would love to hear some C&C. Otherwise, just hope it brings a smile.

Thanks for looking.

We have nothing to compare with no before and after.
    Nice location, I'm with the dog, I recon I can do that too rolleyes1.gif

Wonder what drew the dog to that particular canoe?
    One would think the dog would go for the more open canoe at the end of the dock.

It's a lovely shot, where abouts in the world did you take this picture?

Nicely done clap.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • DJTDJT Registered Users Posts: 353 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2009
    Otherwise, just hope it brings a smile.

Thanks for looking.

And it did just that... made me smile.

Thank yo for posting.
  • T. BombadilT. Bombadil Registered Users Posts: 286 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2009
    Thanks Roadkill and Skippy
    Thanks Roadkill and Skippy. I think the dog wanted to try the red kayak because she knows it is the fastest :-)

She has been in the red canoe at the (left) end on several occasions, and in the yellow kayak a couple times. If she gets in the red kayak (on the right) she will have to paddle for herself because there will be no room for anybody else.

We are still working on the concept of "Sit Still".

Here is the before:

I have been using Aperture, where I increased "exposure" and tinkered with "Levels". Once I started making adjustments, I never went back to look at the original. Now it seems that all I really did was brighten it. My "Levels" adjustments were extreme (early in the process) but ended up not being significant. Either because I don't know how to do it, or because it can't help here.

This was taken at a Beech Hill Pond (pretty good sized lake, actually), in Maine.
    535539930_fh8Lo-M.jpg
    Bruce

Chooka chooka hoo la ley
    Looka looka koo la ley
  • T. BombadilT. Bombadil Registered Users Posts: 286 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2009
    DJT wrote:
    And it did just that... made me smile.

Thank yo for posting.
    Thanks DJT. I'm glad!
    Bruce

Chooka chooka hoo la ley