Kanik River, near Wasilla AK

Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
edited May 19, 2009 in Landscapes
Leslie & I had the distinct pleasure to meet up with HeatherFeather and JAG for lunch yeterday. I would like to go on record here and now and say that these ladies are every bit as nice and charming IRL as they are on line. Leslie and I had a wonderful couple of hours just talking like we were long-lost friends.

Leslie drove the car back "home" so I could sit in the passenger seat and yell, "Oooh, Ooooh, stop! Stop right now!" Here are a couple of IR shots I got.

534826960_2Edbn-L.jpg

534826761_yuQHz-L.jpg

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2009
    Hey Scott, that sounds like a fantastic day and what amazing photos. We don't get enough IR out here and these are really great. thumb.gif
  • VrungelVrungel Registered Users Posts: 139 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2009
    These look great!

thumb.gif
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2009
    schmoo wrote:
    Hey Scott, that sounds like a fantastic day and what amazing photos. We don't get enough IR out here and these are really great. thumb.gif

I seem to gravitate to IR for landscape photos - there's just something about them that I really like. Maybe it's the B&W nature of the product that comes out of my IR camera. Anyway - thanks... More to come.
    Vrungel wrote:
    These look great!

thumb.gif
    thanks!
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2009
    Oh, I see now that you are up there right now! thumb.gif Wonderful! So glad you got to meet up with Heather and JAG. Lovely IR shots!
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2009
    Beautiful shots Scott.

IR shows so much definition. Very crisp.

Good work. thumb.gif
    Randy
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2009
    Nice work, Scott. I like #2 a lot!

Glad to hear about another fun and successful DGrin meetup. Such a fun community! :D

WOW! Just noticed this was my 1000th post!!
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2009
    rwells wrote:
    Beautiful shots Scott.

IR shows so much definition. Very crisp.

Good work. thumb.gif
    Thanks.

I think part of the reason why IR shots can be so crisp is that a lot of glass is removed from the light path (between subject and sensor) when the camera is converted to IR only. In this case, the Anti-aliasing filter is removed. Another reason is because IR photos aren't affected by UV light and the UV interference of water in the air between camera and subject.
  • cj99sicj99si Registered Users Posts: 880 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2009
    Nice, dig the IR's! Thats one heck of a road trip! Ive driven from Cali to Maine, but this seems a bit further. Post some more photos!