Little feet with the same OLD footprints?

KhristenKhristen Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
edited May 12, 2009 in People
Alright, here's the thing.... I have a family shoot this afternoon with a mother and her two young boys ages 4 & 5. :duel I haven't done very many kid shots except for my boys, who KNOW to listen to me, lol.

I'm kinda in a rut and I'm looking for new, fun poses to incorporate the three.

Any ideas?

Hopefully the rain will be forgiving today!

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• happysmileyladyhappysmileylady Registered Users Posts: 195 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2009
    Khristen wrote:
    Alright, here's the thing.... I have a family shoot this afternoon with a mother and her two young boys ages 4 & 5. :duel I haven't done very many kid shots except for my boys, who KNOW to listen to me, lol.

I'm kinda in a rut and I'm looking for new, fun poses to incorporate the three.

Any ideas?

Hopefully the rain will be forgiving today!

Thanks in advance!
    I am doing something similar on Thursday!

Are you shooting in a studio or outside?

Some of the things I plan to do (I am shooting at a park) is to have the little ones hug each other, and also to put mom in the middle and have the two give mom a kiss on each cheek. And since I am at a park, I plan to do some of the kids on the playground equipment, like climbing the ladders, looking through peepholes in the tubes etc. One that lots of people seem to like (which means I do it, but I hate it) is to lay every on their backs, heads together, (like spokes on a wheel) and shoot from above them.
  • KhristenKhristen Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
    edited May 12, 2009
    Check, check and check (again) I've got those on my list :)

We will be shooting outside in a WMA area with a few board walks and a tower, but mostly woods and mosquitos. I grabbed a few of my sons toys to bring along to 1) keep them busy when shooting mom and 2) maybe use in a few shots. It looks like the clouds might offer a pretty decent lighting condition wings.gif

The peephole is a good idea, although I don't know that this is something I could in corporate at this location. I'll keep it in mind though.

I've never really thought about it, but shooting a group of three is kinda awkward. It's really making me dig deep in my creative files!
  • happysmileyladyhappysmileylady Registered Users Posts: 195 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2009
    Khristen wrote:
    Check, check and check (again) I've got those on my list :)

We will be shooting outside in a WMA area with a few board walks and a tower, but mostly woods and mosquitos. I grabbed a few of my sons toys to bring along to 1) keep them busy when shooting mom and 2) maybe use in a few shots. It looks like the clouds might offer a pretty decent lighting condition wings.gif

The peephole is a good idea, although I don't know that this is something I could in corporate at this location. I'll keep it in mind though.

I've never really thought about it, but shooting a group of three is kinda awkward. It's really making me dig deep in my creative files!
    oh, if you have a bridge with railings, you can have the kids peep through the railings (if you can get a good position on it.) You could even have mom stand on the bridge behind them looking down on them as if she's shaking her head.....or something like that...it sounded like a better idea before I typed it out :lol:

I am jealous of your clouds. I did my sister's grad shots this morning and it was cloudless sky bright and sunny and really tough. She also for some reason thought we would be done in like 10 minutes. Its supposed to be cloudy tomorrow so I might sneak her out tomorrow...