Daisy Upclose!

Chile ChefChile Chef Registered Users Posts: 473 Major grins
edited May 14, 2009 in Holy Macro
Daisies up close with a 70-200 UMS 4.0L

535007496_XpU6K-X2.jpg

Comments

• Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2009
    Not bad but you have some blown colour and subject/camera shake visible. I tend to shoot -.66 EV in strong natural light to help with blown highlights/colours
    Brian v.
  • Chile ChefChile Chef Registered Users Posts: 473 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2009
    Not bad but you have some blown colour and subject/camera shake visible. I tend to shoot -.66 EV in strong natural light to help with blown highlights/colours
    Brian v.
    May I ask where you think you see the blown colors?

I know I enhanced the yellow channel a little bit.
    edited May 13, 2009
    Chile Chef wrote:
    May I ask where you think you see the blown colors?

I know I enhanced the yellow channel a little bit.
    Most of the bright yellow petals seem to be devoid of detail suggesting they are close to blown ? Often a problem with bright yellow or red flowers in strong sun.
    Brian v.
    edited May 13, 2009
    Most of the bright yellow petals seem to be devoid of detail suggesting they are close to blown ? Often a problem with bright yellow or red flowers in strong sun.
    Brian v.
    Even if the daisies are suppose to be yellow?

And how can I fix it for the next time?
    edited May 14, 2009
    Chile Chef wrote:
    Even if the daisies are suppose to be yellow?

And how can I fix it for the next time?
    Well as usual it depends on what you are trying to do, but most photogs try to avoid losing detail with blown colours.
    Not sure what you are shooting with, but reducing the Exposure Control (EC) on the camera when shooting in natural light helps eg -.66 and then sometimes you have to reduce the saturation in PP. The other thing is to purposely shade the flowers with your body to reduce the contrast when taking the pic.

If you shoot RAW it is easier to do something about this when you are doing the RAW conversions than it is in PP.

Brian V.
    edited May 14, 2009
    Well as usual it depends on what you are trying to do, but most photogs try to avoid losing detail with blown colours.
    Not sure what you are shooting with, but reducing the Exposure Control (EC) on the camera when shooting in natural light helps eg -.66 and then sometimes you have to reduce the saturation in PP. The other thing is to purposely shade the flowers with your body to reduce the contrast when taking the pic.

If you shoot RAW it is easier to do something about this when you are doing the RAW conversions than it is in PP.

Brian V.
    Thank you Brain, Yeah I might have over saturated the yellow, and I do have the original photo.

I'm shooting with a canon sxi and a sigma 70-200 4.0 l lens.