New DSLR from Pentax on May 20th (official)

Manfr3dManfr3d Registered Users Posts: 2,008 Major grins
edited May 14, 2009 in Cameras
I just saw it on the German Pentax website, here is an english article about it: http://www.gayakuman.com/camera/rumor-new-pentax-k-series-announced-in-may-20th/
“To consult the rules of composition before making a picture is a little like consulting the law of gravitation before going for a walk.”
― Edward Weston

Comments

• swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2009
    I think this is very exciting news. I have been worried about Pentax, and I really want them to survive - they have always made a great product. I had a Pentax DSLR back in the film days and have always thought they deserved a seat at the table. Keep it comin Pentax!clap.gif
  • GrainbeltGrainbelt Registered Users Posts: 478 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2009
    I think it is important that they offer a path to upgrades. I have a K200D and a couple of Pentax film SLRs, and I love the feature set and backwards lens capability. I know Hoya laid off some folks and rationalized a few things, but I too hope they come out stronger and better than ever. thumb.gif
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Registered Users Posts: 215 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2009
    Just a caution, I had the anti virus at work find and delete two files marked as trojans when I clicked the link to the site listed in the top post.
    On a scale of 1 to 10, my awesomeness goes all the way to 11.
  • NikonsandVstromsNikonsandVstroms Registered Users Posts: 990 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2009
    Just a caution, I had the anti virus at work find and delete two files marked as trojans when I clicked the link to the site listed in the top post.

Good to know it wasn't just my computer having a hidden one come to life

I guess our antivirus programs are working