Digital Darkroom Assignment for the Week: 5/14-5/21

13»

Comments

• Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2004
    digismile wrote:
    Hi Ginger,
    Frames are very easy to do. My frame was a commercial plugin from Extensis (www.extensis.com). However, before I had this, I made all my frames. I have taken one of your photos to use as an example.

4352570-M.jpg

Brad, I love the way you did this. I wanted to buy a frame thing like you did, but I never could make myself spend the money. Anyway, I love this. I might steel it and have it made into something.

But I wanted to get right back and tell you how much I appreciate all the information. If I get stuck I may try again.

I actually have, compliments of someone who works with my husband, I have Photoshop 7.0 on my computer. I never use it as I am comfortable with Elements. However a couple of those instruction, including the important one, I don't think is available in Elements, but I do have that 7.0.

Thanks again,

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    edited May 20, 2004
    Women of the SC Low Country
    I am entering this before thursday is over. I think this is about light. Not only is it about light, but I have used almost, if not all, I have learned here in order to enhance this photo, and I have used some things I knew before. But the photograph would not be what it is without the type of light available and how it was used.

I think the highlights in this photo are fine. There could be some discussion re the shadow areas and whether they do have enough detail. That is something I don't know. I often take details out of the shadow area in order to "clean" a photo up, but that was part of the assignment, to maintain detail in both the highlight and the shadow area when working with the light in a photograph.

This, I hope, is the before. I was happy with this. Actually, I don't have a definite before, this has had work. I think it was the first one. And I think I used layers. One layer. There was a notice that Visa is accepted, and I used the brush to get rid of it. I am not good with the clone tool

ginger
  • Options
    edited May 20, 2004
    Baskets of the Low Country Women
    This is the final one I did. And I used everything. In the first one I used a gold layer, blended it and finished. This one, I did some fixing of details, my friend did not like the shiny roof or the Visa notice, so I took care of them. Then I blurred did a vivid light, did a warm brown layer and a goldish layer. I thought that accentuated the affects of the light on the baskets. I also had filled in some of the colors like the waste basket, you might have noticed in the first photo. I don't know which is preferable there really. But my friend really did want that shiny roof "dimmed".

ginger
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2004
    Used all of it on this one. Different colors for the building and trees, and the sky. Then an Overlay of blur, at about 25%. Good topic, Cletes, I've learned a lot. Next challenge is to remember it all!

4411727-M.jpg

4411681-M.jpg

Nigritude Ultramarine
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au