Options

Question on canvas sizing

mrloofermrloofer Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited May 13, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Is there a chart somewhere that shows the minimum resolution for printing to canvases? I'm trying to figure out how to prep my image for a 24x30 wrapped canvas. My image is 2002(w) x 3003(h). Is that big enough? Also are there any guidelines for prepping the image such as sharpening etc.?

Many thanks!

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2009
    Hi, http://www.smugmug.com/help/print-quality has resolution. All files need some sharpening, so I recommend doing that and letting Bay handle the color correction :)
  • Options
    mrloofermrloofer Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited May 13, 2009
    So if I wanted to print to a 20x20 canvas and when I open my image in PS at 300dpi and it's only 10x10 then I would resize in PS to 20x20 before uploading to SM or SM will do all that for me? Are there any recomendations for resizing in PS for optimal quality?

Many thanks!
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2009
    mrloofer wrote:
    So if I wanted to print to a 20x20 canvas and when I open my image in PS at 300dpi and it's only 10x10 then I would resize in PS to 20x20 before uploading to SM or SM will do all that for me? Are there any recomendations for resizing in PS for optimal quality?

Many thanks!
    just leave it, all the original pixels, don't change the 10x10 to 20x20, Bay will do that :D