MC4 - does this work?

anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
edited May 13, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
This is not the shot I was planning but I thought I put this here to get feedback.

I really wish it was cropped a bit more the to the left so the guy in last car was not cut off. Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to compose a shot while on a roller coaster. :scratch Maybe I should clone him out?

What do you think... is this stretching the concept of Energy a bit too much? If not, any feedback on how you would improve it?

534952728_PFRXf-L.jpg
"I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site

Comments

• tykemamatykemama Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
    edited May 12, 2009
    I'd almost like to have seen more motion... more blur?

I totally get not being able to compose on a roller coaster :D ... so all things considered this is a fun shot, but maybe lacks the impact for a competition shot?

Just an opinion...
    ___
    www.kimberlyteichrow.com
    Original Artwork, Photography and More

I appreciate a good critique... and would love to hear from you!
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2009
    Thanks. I'm not sold either on this shot and I have something different planned. I just thought I throw this one up since I did take it with this MC in mind to get some feedback just in case the other shot doesn't pan out.

Any other opinions?

BTW, here is the same shot with my friend Robert cloned out. Any better?

535280590_4UouG-L.jpg

My Smug Site
  • KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2009
    Hey
    Hey Cuban,

I like the guy in there, he adds to the feel of the curve.. I agree, more motion blur and then it could work... if this is your entry..maybe darken the people up front just a tad with shadow so that we get depth and the feel of them descending into the tunnel, also burn in the rock a little too..

lets see your other one too..

Kat
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2009
    Thanks Kat... good suggestions. I was planning on going tonight to shoot my other idea but it will have to wait until Thurs.

My Smug Site
  • KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2009
    Yw
    Your Welcome...

Look forward to your other ones... will keep my eyes out for it..

will have mine posted by tonight, but late, I am stuck in a PS nightmare right now with mine...dirt is so hard to clone and work with...

Be sure to check mine out when I post... Your good at this PS stuff and maybe you can give me some suggestions..?:D

Kat
  • travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2009
    Hey Cuban,

I like the guy in there, he adds to the feel of the curve.. I agree, more motion blur and then it could work... if this is your entry..maybe darken the people up front just a tad with shadow so that we get depth and the feel of them descending into the tunnel, also burn in the rock a little too..

lets see your other one too..

Kat

15524779-Ti.gif
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com