A Precious Gift From God

SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
edited June 10, 2005 in People
Meet Cody, born 6 weeks too early, first time mum, weighed just over 3 lbs.
This dear little man, is the newborn infant of a friend of mine, and today I got to take some pictures of him, as his mother prepared to go home, knowing he would remain in hospital for a few more weeks......he's just so precious :lust
She hasn't seen this picture yet, but I hope she likes it :D

Canon 20D, with Canon 50mm 1.4 lens, hand held, no flash.......enjoy

Skippy (Australia)

IMG_3727Er_filteredF.jpg
Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin

Comments

• ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2005
    The sweetest photo, so cool with that finger in there for sentiment and perspective.

Good photography and PS,

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • caceecacee Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited June 9, 2005
    Just Beautiful
    Skippy wrote:
    Meet Cody, born 6 weeks too early, first time mum, weighed just over 3 lbs.
    This dear little man, is the newborn infant of a friend of mine, and today I got to take some pictures of him, as his mother prepared to go home, knowing he would remain in hospital for a few more weeks......he's just so precious iloveyou.gif
    She hasn't seen this picture yet, but I hope she likes it :D

Canon 20D, with Canon 50mm 1.4 lens, hand held, no flash.......enjoy

Skippy (Australia)

IMG_3727Er_filteredF.jpg
    This is one his Mother will always treasure, she will just love it. thumb.gif
    Cacee
  • johnojohno Registered Users Posts: 617 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2005
    Amen. What a wonderful shot. Nice lighting and PS effect. This is a keeper.

peace.
    johno~
    If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
    ~Mother Teresa

Canon 1D Mark II / Canon 50D / Canon 30D / Canon G9
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS / Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L

blog
    johno's gallery
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2005
    Maxine,
    I can honestly tell you: I'm not a big fan of babies pictures, but this one is a genuine piece of art!
    I like it very much - the light, the compo, the PS, the works!
    You go girl!thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited June 9, 2005
    Excellent Skippy thumb.gifthumb.gif The mother is going to cherish it iloveyou.gif Love that little tiny hand in the pic :):

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2005
    Great photo
    I assume that's mom's finger the baby is holding? Was this shot through a clear crib?

Interesting effect you chose for the vignette, I'd probably lessen it just a little, the "edges" look almost too elongated and sharp for an otherwise soft image (soft in feel, not focus), but it's interesting how you did the vignette.

Your friend is lucky to have you to take such a great photograph of her son. Hope he'll continue to do well and be able to go home soon. Those fingers and nails are something else too. It always amazed me they had nails and were able to scratch themselves with them. I remember trying to keep my girls' nails trimmed, not an easy accomplishment. Remember the loose sleepers with covers over the hands? Don't know if they still have those or not.
  • MaelynMaelyn Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited June 9, 2005
    Beautiful shot. Wish I'd had someone like you to take such great pictures when my little guy was in the NICU.

I love the finger and that you kept the bandage in the shot.
    Amateur in the making. Constructive feedback always welcome.
  • 4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2005
    At the end of October you are going to be in NEw York to take pics of my first right?mwink.gif Wonderful Photo
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2005
    Thank you Ginger_55
    ginger_55 wrote:
    The sweetest photo, so cool with that finger in there for sentiment and perspective.

Good photography and PS,

ginger
    Cody is so tiny, he is in a humidity crib, only help he is needing is a gastric nasal tube, and heat :D mum and dad are just over the moon.

Cody will be in hospital for a few weeks till he reaches a full term birth weight.

Thank you for you comment Ginger ......... Skippy (Australia)

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
    edited June 9, 2005
    Thanks Cacee
    cacee wrote:
    This is one his Mother will always treasure, she will just love it. thumb.gif
    I sent here a couple by email about midnight last night, I have all the originals to burn to disk for her so she can get the ones she wants printed.

I'll finish off the others tonight and over the weekend for her.

Thanks for looking......... Skippy (Australia)

• StanStan Registered Users Posts: 1,077 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2005
    I might be tempted to heal the scratch on his left cheek, Otherwise I agree completely with Nikolai thumb.gif
    edited June 9, 2005
    Thank you Johno
    johno wrote:
    Amen. What a wonderful shot. Nice lighting and PS effect. This is a keeper.

peace.
    johno~
    Thank you for your kind words, the Canon 50mm 1.4 is an awesome little lens, I love how you can hand hold in "the not so best of lighting situations"

I knew it wouldn't be a smart idea to use a Flash in a Special Care Nursery, this way we didn't disturb anyone............Skippy (Australia)

edited June 9, 2005
    Hi there Nikolai
    Nikolai wrote:
    I can honestly tell you: I'm not a big fan of babies pictures, but this one is a genuine piece of art!
    I like it very much - the light, the compo, the PS, the works!
    You go girl!thumb.gif
    I have to tell you Nikolai, I fail miserabley when it comes to photographing people, it has never been one of my strong points, and it's something I usually avoid........ I couldn't really do much, because he is confined to the Humidity Crib, so we were able to open the side, that way I didn't have to shoot through the hard plasitc casing of the crib.

My Canon 50mm 1.4 is a lens I will have many many many years to come, I love the way it performs.....thank you for your kinds works Nikolai :D

Skippy (Australia)

edited June 9, 2005
    Hi ya Steve
    Excellent Skippy thumb.gifthumb.gif The mother is going to cherish it iloveyou.gif Love that little tiny hand in the pic :): Steve
    Ohhhhhhh he's tiny, nothing of him, doesn't have any body fat, but he is in excellent shape, just needs help to feed and keep warm other than that he is doing extremely well.........I'll be talking to him mother today :D

I think she will really like this picture too :D take care..... Skippy (Australia)

edited June 9, 2005
    Hi there Dee
    Dee wrote:
    I assume that's mom's finger the baby is holding? Was this shot through a clear crib?

Interesting effect you chose for the vignette, I'd probably lessen it just a little, the "edges" look almost too elongated and sharp for an otherwise soft image (soft in feel, not focus), but it's interesting how you did the vignette.

Your friend is lucky to have you to take such a great photograph of her son. Hope he'll continue to do well and be able to go home soon. Those fingers and nails are something else too. It always amazed me they had nails and were able to scratch themselves with them. I remember trying to keep my girls' nails trimmed, not an easy accomplishment. Remember the loose sleepers with covers over the hands? Don't know if they still have those or not.
    I will redo the post processing and see if I can figure out how you do that more soft edge.......this one on this picture is actually just a frame.

You can see the scratch on his little face........I said to his mother, has he got Italian in him eek7.gif he keeps moving his arms and hands out over the top of his head as if he is talking with his hands the way a lot of Italian people do rolleyes1.gif it looks so cute cause he is sooooooo tiny.
    Yes I remember those soft little mittens they use, and I'm sure they still use them.......thanks for the tip Dee........ SKippy (Australia)

edited June 9, 2005
    Hi Maelyn
    Maelyn wrote:
    Beautiful shot. Wish I'd had someone like you to take such great pictures when my little guy was in the NICU.

I love the finger and that you kept the bandage in the shot.
    The sticking plaster on his face is keeping a feeding tube in place in his nose, funny you should mention the finger, I said to his mother.....lets get a shot with him holding your finger just so we can show how tiny he is.....she wasn't quite sure what I was trying to do, but when she gets her email she'll see :D

I'm not one for taking photos of people Maelyn, it is something I have never really done, rarely will you ever see me post a picture of a person.

Thank you for your kind words........ Skippy (Australia)

• SeamusSeamus Registered Users Posts: 1,573 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2005
    Paraphrasing Gus, he said in another thread, now and again someone posts a pic that just takes your breath away. This is one, a beautiful picture Skippy thumb.gif

Shay.
    edited June 9, 2005
    Hi there 4labs
    4labs wrote:
    At the end of October you are going to be in NEw York to take pics of my first right?mwink.gif Wonderful Photo
    Ahhhhhhh New York, well you've got some great choices over there, Shay, and Mr Williams, and Windoze and I'm sure there's some other folks as well :D

I used the Canon 50mm 1.4 for almost all the shots except about 3, it's light enough to manipulate, and I just love the way you don't need to use a flash.

How exciting for you and your wife, and the Doggies too :D
    Congratulations on your bending Fatherhood clap.gif Skippy (Australia)

• rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2005
    Oh Skippy....It's beautiful, just...awwww, makes me shed a tear. He is wonderful!iloveyou.giflust
    www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso
    edited June 10, 2005
    Hi Ya Stan
    Stan wrote:
    I might be tempted to heal the scratch on his left cheek, Otherwise I agree completely with Nikolai thumb.gif
    I was tempted to remove the scratch too, but decided not to because he did it himself :D and when his mother shows him the picture she can say this was your first scratch :D

I'm leaving it up to the parents to tell me what they'd like added or removed from the images that I give them, this is one very very special little boy, many years in the waiting..... Thanks for the comment Stan ....... Skippy (Australia)

edited June 10, 2005
    Hello there Shay
    shay wrote:
    Paraphrasing Gus, he said in another thread, now and again someone posts a pic that just takes your breath away. This is one, a beautiful picture Skippy thumb.gif Shay.

Awwwwwww thats very kind of you to say that, I need far more practice at people, least this little fellow didn't worry at all about the camera being in his face rolleyes1.gif and it is quite possible that I will get to take more pictures of him as he grows, as his parents live within minutes of my place.

Thank you very much for your comment *blush*blush* rolleyes1.gif Skippy (Australia)

edited June 10, 2005
    Hey there Rahmonster
    rahmonster wrote:
    Oh Skippy....It's beautiful, just...awwww, makes me shed a tear. He is wonderful!iloveyou.giflust

Awwwwwwww he is just wayyyyyyy too cute, tiny tiny little man that he is.
    Mum and Dad are over the moon with absolute joy with the arrival of such a Precious Litte Gift From God :D

I had to stop myself from bursting into tears when I went up to the hospital to see them, I am just so glad that he is doing so well, and mum is doing just fine too, and Dad..........well Dad is still on Cloud 9 rolleyes1.gif Skippy (Australia)

• Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2005
    Amazing Cody! And super -puper =pro photographer!
    Great!
    Yuri
  • TassieDTassieD Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2005
    Hi Maxine,

I reckon your friend is going to love the shot. A great job, well done.
    Cheers
    David Clifford
    edited June 10, 2005
    ThankYou Yuri
    Amazing Cody! And super -puper =pro photographer!
    Great!
    Yuri
    Hi Yuri, I was talking to Cody's mother today, and she loves the picture :D
    I sent her three by email but told her I have the originals to burn to disk for her.

Thank you very much Yuri for your kind words....... Skippy (Australia)

edited June 10, 2005
    HI there David
    TassieD wrote:
    Hi Maxine,

I reckon your friend is going to love the shot. A great job, well done.
    Cody's mum got to see some of the pictures today and she loves them :D
    So that makes me very happy indeed.....thanks for looking .

Skippy (Australia)

• ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited June 10, 2005
    I'm a little late to the party but want to add to what others have said.
    Beautiful photo.

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
    edited June 10, 2005
    Thank You Ian
    ian408 wrote:
    I'm a little late to the party but want to add to what others have said.
    Beautiful photo. Ian
    Cody is doing really well, he's putting on weight, and will only be in hospital till he reaches a good weight....... he's a really little sweety iloveyou.gif and mum and dad are just so pleased that they have him :D Skippy (Australia)