Looking for Online Image Management System

charlesoutcaltcharlesoutcalt Registered Users Posts: 100 Big grins
edited May 14, 2009 in Mind Your Own Business
Hello Everyone,

First, let me say that I am a huge SmugMug fan. I use SM every day for my own images, so don't take my question as a knock against my favorite online image site.

But, I'm working with a consulting client with some specialized needs. They want an online version of Aperture or LightRoom. They need to be able to upload an original image, create various crops/resizings from that image, and give team members across the country access to the image. It's very important that the system be easily searched, too, and that it have a robust naming system. Eventually, the system will hold a few thousand images, all of which will have a detailed file name.

As much as I love SM, I don't think this is exactly the right site. My client won't need to print, ever, and the appearance of the images online doesn't matter much. It's more about organization, and ease of up- and down-loading.

I've checked out a few sites, such as Zenfolio, but they seem oriented to image presentation and fulfillment, rather than toward cataloging.

Does anyone have any thoughts? Price isn't a particular concern, but eases of use is.

Thanks!

Charles
Failed to load the poll.