Canon Body

EddyEddy Registered Users Posts: 320 Major grins
edited May 15, 2009 in Cameras
Hello All:
I am in a dilemma, i have been offered 3000$$ with the battery grip for my Canon 5dmk11 after i lent it to a friend of mine. Is it worth the trouble of upgrading my system to a 1ds MK3 Canon 21. Some one with experience that has the Canon 1ds mk11. I do have all my lenses Canon 100 f 2..8
Canon 24-70 2.8 "L"
Canon 70-200 F2.8 IS USM "L"
you're thougths on this matter would be refreshing
E.J.W

Great understanding is broad and unhurried, Little understanding is cramped and busy" ..... Chuang Tsu

Comments

• DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited May 14, 2009
    Hi Eddy,
    I know this question relates to a sale, but since you are not actually offereing to buy/sell with anyone on this forum, I've moved this question to the Gear discussion forum where other 1Ds users can give you some advice.

thanks,
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Village IdiotVillage Idiot Registered Users Posts: 215 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2009
    Eddy wrote:
    Hello All:
    I am in a dilemma, i have been offered 3000$$ with the battery grip for my Canon 5dmk11 after i lent it to a friend of mine. Is it worth the trouble of upgrading my system to a 1ds MK3 Canon 21. Some one with experience that has the Canon 1ds mk11. I do have all my lenses Canon 100 f 2..8
    Canon 24-70 2.8 "L"
    Canon 70-200 F2.8 IS USM "L"
    you're thougths on this matter would be refreshing

I'd ask myself if the extra $3000-$4000 would be better off getting me a sturdy body that's more resistant to the elements or one or two more lenses.

85 f/1.2 & 16-35 f/2.8?

The guts and IQ would be about the same with the 5D MKII having more high ISO options. If you really want to upgrade, I'd wait to see if/when the 1Ds IV is coming. I don't see enough of a difference between the 5D and the 1Ds to warrant the steep price unless you're shooting in elements that absolutely require you have the extra features you'd get with the 1Ds
    On a scale of 1 to 10, my awesomeness goes all the way to 11.
  • swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2009
    I'd ask myself if the extra $3000-$4000 would be better off getting me a sturdy body that's more resistant to the elements or one or two more lenses.

85 f/1.2 & 16-35 f/2.8?

The guts and IQ would be about the same with the 5D MKII having more high ISO options. If you really want to upgrade, I'd wait to see if/when the 1Ds IV is coming. I don't see enough of a difference between the 5D and the 1Ds to warrant the steep price unless you're shooting in elements that absolutely require you have the extra features you'd get with the 1Ds

I agree. Or if you make your living on indoor sports photography it might merit consideration.
  • EddyEddy Registered Users Posts: 320 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2009
    upgrade
    Thanks everyone keeping my 5dmk11 i dont really wanna spend another 4000$$$ not worth it thanks everyone for the insight on this...lost my bearings for a few minsthere
    eddy
    E.J.W

Great understanding is broad and unhurried, Little understanding is cramped and busy" ..... Chuang Tsu
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Registered Users Posts: 215 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2009
    It's OK. The chance to have new and exciting toys can do that to us.
    On a scale of 1 to 10, my awesomeness goes all the way to 11.