Ecola State Park (Oregon Coast)

coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
edited May 17, 2009 in Landscapes
My plan was to photograph Indian Beach (just north of Cannon Beach and within Ecola State Park) at sunset, I got there about 15 minutes before and saw that the tide was going to be too high for me to shoot where I wanted to. So I raced back to the other side of the park instead as I wasn't going to be able to make it Cannon Beach in time.

#1:

534478266_9g5C8-L.jpg

#2:

534477155_9GFH9-L.jpg

#3:

534474416_cSRzs-L.jpg

#4:

534473367_JqDR7-L.jpg

Comments

• rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2009
    Really great photos Ron!!!! This is one of my favorite places on earth. Many good memories here.

Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2009
    Though it sounds like your location wasn't your first choice, I kind of like seeing the higher POV. You take a lot of (incredible) landscapes on the beach but I like seeing this side of it, too. thumb.gif
  • tisuntisun Registered Users Posts: 435 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2009
    schmoo wrote:
    Though it sounds like your location wasn't your first choice, I kind of like seeing the higher POV. You take a lot of (incredible) landscapes on the beach but I like seeing this side of it, too. thumb.gif

I agree -- this POV is interesting, too.
  • cj99sicj99si Registered Users Posts: 880 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2009
    Goonies!
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2009
    Impressive as always !
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2009
    Little side note-- Ecola State Park is where Linda Stangle pushed her boyfriend off a cliff a while back. She later complained to investigators about his annoying scream as he fell. eek7.gif

She was convicted in a Clatsop County court and served something like five years for manslaugher. I'm almost certain she's out now. If I remember correctly, she ultimately claimed her boyfriend was teasing her and she accidentally pushed him off the cliff.

So just be careful if you visit with a spouse or boyfriend or girlfriend. Those cliffs have claimed many lives. There are even warnings about keeping your dog leashed since numerous dogs have also fallen and died.

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2009
    Beautiful images as always Ron. You certainly set a very high bar in this area. thumb.gifthumb

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2009
    Ditto to Jack's comment about the "high bar." You have such a wonderful way with the water, Ron--absolutely gorgeous!

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • bryanj87bryanj87 Registered Users Posts: 859 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2009
    Nicely done Ron. My personal favorite is #4.
  • astockwellastockwell Registered Users Posts: 279 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2009
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2009
    ront wrote:
    Really great photos Ron!!!! This is one of my favorite places on earth. Many good memories here.

Ron

Thanks Ron - the whole Oregon coast is pretty awesome, I haven't had as much time to explore it as I would like, but getting to Cannon Beach is pretty convenient from Portland.
    edited May 15, 2009
    dogwood wrote:
    Little side note-- Ecola State Park is where Linda Stangle pushed her boyfriend off a cliff a while back. She later complained to investigators about his annoying scream as he fell. eek7.gif

She was convicted in a Clatsop County court and served something like five years for manslaugher. I'm almost certain she's out now. If I remember correctly, she ultimately claimed her boyfriend was teasing her and she accidentally pushed him off the cliff.

So just be careful if you visit with a spouse or boyfriend or girlfriend. Those cliffs have claimed many lives. There are even warnings about keeping your dog leashed since numerous dogs have also fallen and died.

Thanks for the story, interesting! I read up on it, apparently she said their relationship was "heavily based on alcohol." Always a solid foundation :D
    edited May 15, 2009
    Thanks for the comments and feedback everyone!
  • dseidmandseidman Registered Users Posts: 824 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2009
    Beautiful shots, Ron! I'm liking the soft colors in the first one.
  • grimacegrimace Registered Users Posts: 1,537 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2009
    Great looking series Ron. This is too one of my favorite areas.