My First Post on Dgrin

CharlemagneCharlemagne Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
edited June 12, 2005 in People
Hello everyone,
Just came here on the advice of Mattais, I really like the site, thought I would finally post something instead of just commenting on everyone else's photos..LOL well here it goes, It is just a simple shot took a couple of weeks ago at a local park near my house, it is my 2 year old son holding hands with one of our good friends' daughter (she is 2 also) no one told them to, they just did, this was my favorite shot of the bunch, although I was busy photographing a super cool looking crane when they gave each other a cute little kiss on the bridge!! darnitt.. I guess you just can't get them all!

Charles

055120050524-vi.jpg

Comments

• lr1811lr1811 Registered Users Posts: 363 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2005
    nice shot!
    I like the shot - very cute!!!

Brian
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2005
    Hi there Charles
    Hello everyone,
    Just came here on the advice of Mattais, I really like the site, thought I would finally post something instead of just commenting on everyone else's photos..Laughing.gif well here it goes, It is just a simple shot took a couple of weeks ago at a local park near my house, it is my 2 year old son holding hands with one of our good friends' daughter (she is 2 also) no one told them to, they just did, this was my favorite shot of the bunch, although I was busy photographing a super cool looking crane when they gave each other a cute little kiss on the bridge!! darnitt.. I guess you just can't get them all!

Charles
    Thats a lovely shot, I like black and white, kids are great to watch, and as you said you cant capture everything :D well be glad they dont mind getting their picture taken, cause my nephew absolutely cracks it if he sees me with a camera rolleyes1.gif

Welcome to the forum, the folks are real nice here, glad you've come to join the gang :D Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2005
    What a sweet shot :)
    I'm glad you got around to posting this. It's a nice shot, any more?

Thanks for posting and welcome,
    Chris

A picture is but words to the eyes.
    Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister

• Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited June 10, 2005
    Welcome Charles wave.gif Any friend of Matty's is a friend of ours :D

This pic is sooooooo cute.....lol thumb.gifthumb.gif I really like pics of kids caught unaware. They act so natural. Children at this age are so innocent and have yet to develop any sense of self consciousness. A very nice shot indeed clap.gif

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • CharlemagneCharlemagne Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited June 10, 2005
    Skippy wrote:
    Thats a lovely shot, I like black and white, kids are great to watch, and as you said you cant capture everything :D well be glad they dont mind getting their picture taken, cause my nephew absolutely cracks it if he sees me with a camera rolleyes1.gif

Welcome to the forum, the folks are real nice here, glad you've come to join the gang :D Skippy (Australia)
    Well G'day to ya skippy, thanks for the welcome!! I agree, everyone here is super nice!

Charles
    edited June 10, 2005
    I'm glad you got around to posting this. It's a nice shot, any more?

Thanks for posting and welcome,
    Chris
    Thanks for the compliments Chris, I have PLENTY more and will be posting soon enough, I am just looking around here to see if you have a Macro Forum..Laughing.gif

Charles
    edited June 10, 2005
    Welcome Charles wave.gif Any friend of Matty's is a friend of ours :D

This pic is sooooooo cute.....lol thumb.gifthumb.gif I really like pics of kids caught unaware. They act so natural. Children at this age are so innocent and have yet to develop any sense of self consciousness. A very nice shot indeed clap.gif

Steve
    Thanks Steve, yeah it was super cute, I love using a nice medium telephoto when I am at the park with my kids, that way I stay back, and like you said, let them act natural, the shots turn out much better that way!!

Thanks again,

Charles
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2005
    Lovely shot Charles! and Welcome wave.gif
  • GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2005
    Thanks for the compliments Chris, I have PLENTY more and will be posting soon enough, I am just looking around here to see if you have a Macro Forum..Laughing.gif

Charles

Welcome to the forum. There is no dedicated Macro forum but there are quite a few people shooting macro regularly If the subject is nature many will post them in the Nature and Wildlife forum but the Other Cool Shots forum gets its fair share too.

I am loking forward to seeing more.

Thanks for sharing.
  • KA0TVOKA0TVO Registered Users Posts: 164 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2005
    15524779-Ti.gif

Very nice! thumb.gif
    Bob
  • Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2005
    Charles!
    Strange thing - just simple photo, but what an impression!
    Congratulations!
    This is a small masterpiece!
    Yuri