DSS #25 - C&C please

dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
edited May 15, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Well, I tried a re-shoot... not much better.

The vulture still wouldn't let me near. He flew and I sat and waited for him to come back until 2-3 old country boys in pick-ups had stopped and asked if I was ok. Should have seen the looks I got, sitting there waiting for a vulture to come back and eat the dead thing so I could take pictures!
537148850_TJf4G-L.jpg

The flood water debris. I wasn't getting close. The first few feet of it is fire ants...and they are not happy.
537148825_kQwPh-L.jpg

And, I finally found what I was looking for a few days ago.. a pretty rose.
I think I need to go for fair....
537144069_MFgrs-L.jpg

Comments

• KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2009
    You Bird Stalker !!!
    Alright... kudos>> you got a great shot for foul... there....

I am rolling.. ha ha ha.... I bet they did give you some funny looks, I would have too... harassing the ugly bird...lol

so anyways, back to business.... I love the shot.. you need some digital darkroom on it.. burn in the side of the road a little and darken and sharpen up that bird and the food.. give it more contrast and sharpness, just don't overdo it.. you don't want to lose the detail on the feathers. The road is blown out white and this is taking away from the foul dark look of things and is distracting.. you know a dark vignette might serve this photo well, you should try a version of it like that too.. and you should bring out that red on his face darken it up a bit too..

great photo..thumb.gifthumbthumb.gif

kat
  • dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2009
    Thanks Kat,
    Yep, it was foul, heck, it was flat gross. Be glad you can't see the details I did.

I am not really good with Gimp yet (No PS)... may never be. Yes, the road drove me crazy. Would have been nice of him to pull it off the road and into the grass for me. I still think that the quailty isn't good enough, no matter what I do to it. This has more turned into a "I will get a picture of_(elusive animal)_If it is the last thing I do."

It is going to have to be 2 or 3, and I am leaning toward 3. Shame I can't use and old one... I have a couple that would be perfect, but that is the challenge part. :D
  • KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2009
    gimp
    I have never used Gimp, but I did a search and it looks like it has a lot of the same functions as PS.... perhaps if you have time, you can work it over some? It sure is a strong shot for the foul entry... it speaks measures for your devotion to getting the shot that is for sure...

so, you think you will enter the rose? that is a great shot too...

whatever you decide, best of luck... I am still pulling my hair out here for the energy one....

oh yeah and on the crop thing for the pano.. hmm.. never tried that method you mentioned before... will have to experiment some time with that..

Kat