Anyone having problems with the d90?

lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
edited May 17, 2009 in Cameras
I put my old cam on craigslist and someone emailed me wondering if I had any luck so far, and also asked if I upgraded to the d90. That's the camera I got, but I haven't received it in the mail yet. She told me a friend if hers is on her second, the first one had battery issues and nikon replaced it and the new one keeps giving her errors. She said she heard if some others who have problems with it too. Does anyone have problems or know of someone who has problems with their d90? I'm a little nervous about it now..

Comments

• TizianoTiziano Registered Users Posts: 184 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2009
    So far I'm at about 2000 shots since November. No problems at all.thumb.gif
    A Nikon D90 plus some Nikon, Sigma & Tokina lenses.
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,081 moderator
    edited May 16, 2009
    Not seeing too many problems reported on the entire Internet. I think this is a very smooth rollout for a camera.

Of 70 Amazon customers reporting, the camera gets an average of 5 of 5 stars.

I would not be too concerned.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Shane422Shane422 Registered Users Posts: 460 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2009
    I'm into the 5000 actuation range and haven't even had a slight hiccup with mine. I think the only consistent complaint that you will hear is about the video capabilities, and the "rolling shutter" jello effect. But that's just part of the design.
  • lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2009
    Thanks guys, I probably shouldn't be too worried. It's probably not very common. I've just never spent $1200 on a hobby before so I'm a little nervous!
  • DsrtVWDsrtVW Registered Users Posts: 1,991 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2009
    It can happen with any electronic device. I had to send my D300 back for repair a few months after receiving it. Just stopped 1 day. Has work superbly ever since. Probably well over 25000 shots so far. I would not worry about it to much just make sure you save all paperwork and register it.
    Chris K. NANPA Member
    http://kadvantage.smugmug.com/
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2009
    had mine for over a year with no issues.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com