MC 4 -which Theme Should I Use?

EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
edited May 17, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Would you give me your advice? I’m trying to decide on which type of photo to go with this theme. I like the headless cactus if I can get back to this area at sunset time but that is ‘iffy’. The black and white was taken in the middle of the day while balancing in a boat which is the only way to get there. But, I do like the impact is giving.

Or, should I go with the sunsets in color behind the mass of power lines?
These are only samples and not worked photos; I need to narrow it down first.

Sacrifice:
537794277_XSywd-M.jpg

Co-exist?:

537795084_v4Jwi-M.jpg

537795645_fdTB4-M.jpg

537796138_ZxjgA-M.jpg

Comments

• richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2009
    I like the first and last ones of the co-exist series.

However, the first one is lacking "pop". I find myself wishing it had with more dramatic lighting or a more dramatic sky. But I really like the composition because of how the cactus plants mimic the high voltage thingies. thumb.gif The last one has the dramatic sky but I wish I could see more of the cactus. Is it possible to bring out just a little more foreground detail in that one? Just enough to make out the cactus?? headscratch.gif
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2009
    richtersl wrote:

However, the first one is lacking "pop". I find myself wishing it had with more dramatic lighting or a more dramatic sky. But I really like the composition because of how the cactus plants mimic the high voltage thingies. thumb.gif The last one has the dramatic sky but I wish I could see more of the cactus. Is it possible to bring out just a little more foreground detail in that one? Just enough to make out the cactus?? headscratch.gif

Thanks, I hope to get at sunset tomorrow to re shoot the first if I can talk my husband into taking me. I agree that the cactus needs to be seen a little more in the last.
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2009
    Here is the color version for Sacrifice:

537920291_vYB6L-M.jpg
  • KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2009
    Nice
    I like the purple conversion, it really makes the cactus stand out.. My fav is the last one in your series... The towers almost mimic mountains with the sun setting between them...

Nice shot..thumb.gif

Kat
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2009
    richtersl wrote:

nod.gif
  • travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2009
    I like the last one too. The sun is so powerful it almost hurts my eyes.

* I'm personaly not sure if I would like to see more than just silhouettes in the foreground... headscratch.gif
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2009
    Eia wrote:
    537796138_ZxjgA-M.jpg

I rather like this one.
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section