A few photos from home

StilltimeStilltime Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
edited May 16, 2009 in Landscapes
I've never been much into landscapes, but being home for a visit has me going crazy for good "home shots". I took this two a few nights ago at Rocky Point park in BC, Canada. I love it.

12of43.jpg?t=1242506077

Comments

• DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2009
    It's so nice to have photos from home. I like it too :D

What happend to the dock/bridge? Looks like they didn't know if they wanted it up off the water or down on the water rolleyes1.gif
  • StilltimeStilltime Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
    edited May 16, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    It's so nice to have photos from home. I like it too :D

What happend to the dock/bridge? Looks like they didn't know if they wanted it up off the water or down on the water rolleyes1.gif

The lower part is a floating dock, so in this photo the tide was out. Way out, hence the ramp being really steep. The upper part is on land and obviously stationary, so they need a portion to float, otherwise, when the tide is out, you'd have quite a jump to get in the boat. :D
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2009
    Stilltime wrote:
    The lower part is a floating dock, so in this photo the tide was out. Way out, hence the ramp being really steep. The upper part is on land and obviously stationary, so they need a portion to float, otherwise, when the tide is out, you'd have quite a jump to get in the boat. :D

That makes sense. Thanks for letting me know :D