DSS #25 - Idea 2 for C&C

silversx80silversx80 Registered Users Posts: 604 Major grins
edited May 17, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Foul Intentions.

Taken with a single hotel-room lamp, camera on a suitcase. PP done in PS elements.

Thanks in advance.

web.jpg?ver=12425309410001
- Joe
http://silversx80.smugmug.com/
Olympus E-M5, 12-50mm, 45mm f/1.8
Some legacy OM lenses and an OM-10

Comments

• KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2009
    LIke it
    I like the strong theme here.. and the name you gave it..

A Little blown out on the left, darken up some of the muscle creases and the shoulder blade creases and the vains a little to make it look a little more sinister..
    and take the glare down on the belt.. it indicated a strong close light source.. and distracts from the knife..
    Nice work

Kat
  • silversx80silversx80 Registered Users Posts: 604 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2009
    Thanks Kat. I think I got the reflection out and I played with the B&W sliders + levels to try and remove the blown out portions and increase contrast. Tries 2, 3 and 4

2)
    web.jpg?ver=12425660180001

3)
    web.jpg?ver=12425662500001

4)
    web.jpg?ver=12425661270001
    - Joe
    http://silversx80.smugmug.com/
    Olympus E-M5, 12-50mm, 45mm f/1.8
    Some legacy OM lenses and an OM-10
  • KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2009
    I Vote 3
    I vote for the third one.....

that looks alot more sinister now... I especially like the statement it makes with the hand being dark getting ready to do a dark deed.. it helps pull it together..

now it is a toss up between the two... I really like both.. you sure did an awesome job on that storm... especially if you give it a title that helps to point out the possible dangerous and foul outcome of the people heading into it... it has impact..

this one is creative... and well shot, but that other one is awesome too...I say,, get some more opinions on here, then study the gallery and other submissions just in case a lot of people submit weather, and then go with your gut...

I comend you for pulling it all off while taveling... thats amazing.

Best of luck on your choice and your entry. I am putting the final touches on mine and will try to post for c&c if I dont run out of time..

Kat
  • pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2009
    I like #2 i think. It's just dark enough, but not too dark.
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section