Options

Integration with Omniture SiteCatalyst

ImagineTNTImagineTNT Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited May 17, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Hi all,

I am tracking my Web site with Omniture's SiteCatalyst. So far I have been able to "hack" SmugMug so that I can track gallery views and things like that. What I'd love to do is be able to track purchase information. This way I can monetize things from start to finish. For example, I already have Paid Search and Natural Search info in my SiteCatalyst reports. If I can add in revenue then I can see profit and ROI by paid search keyword, email marketing campaigns, etc. Then with SearchCenter I can automate my bidding logic and increase spend for more profitable keywords. Also, with Test & Target I will be able to try different things to see what Web site changes are making me more money and then have my site dynamically display different content based on which type of user is visiting the site.

My Site: imaginetnt.smugmug.com

I think there are (at least) three different ways to do this:

Method 1: If we have the ability to add JavaScript to the order confirmation page I can pass the necessary information to SiteCatalyst

Method 2: If we can send people to one of our own Thank You pages and pass along information in the query string I can pass along things like orderID, order total, etc.

Method 3: If none of the above is possible I can still tie sales information into my analytics retroactively by uploading order information. To do this I would need some sort of ID to tie things. So on pages that are customizable if I can grab a visitor or session ID I can pass that to SiteCatalyst and then if I can get the sessionID that corresponds to a placed order I can upload all that information and tie it together.

So to recap, I need access to Order Total and OrderID and/or a SessionID so that I can send that information to SiteCatalyst via JavaScript.

Thanks in advance,
Reuben

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2009
    Hi Reuben thanks for posting - hate to say no 3x but I don't believe any of this is do-able, I'm very, very sorry :(
  • Options
    ImagineTNTImagineTNT Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited May 17, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Reuben thanks for posting - hate to say no 3x but I don't believe any of this is do-able, I'm very, very sorry :(

Thanks for the quick reply (even though it wasn't quite what I wanted to hear).

I know that you are working on enriching SmugMug analytics. I'd love to lend some assistance if you'd like. I actually work for Omniture as a technical consultant and have more than 12 years of Web experience spanning from development and programming to graphic design to analytics. And of course I'm also a professional photographer who LOVES SmugMug and use my own site to play around with all the latest and greatest tools we have.

Reading other discussions I think that SmugMugers would love to have integrated analytics that also offers them centralized paid search management for all the top search engines to drive more PROFITABLE traffic to their galleries and the ability to analytically increase the number of orders and revenue generated (among other pretty sweet things). I'm not in sales so I don't get a commission on this but I'd love to submit this as a feature request because as a pro user myself, I know *I* would love to have this integration.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2009
    ImagineTNT wrote:
    Thanks for the quick reply (even though it wasn't quite what I wanted to hear).

I know that you are working on enriching SmugMug analytics. I'd love to lend some assistance if you'd like. I actually work for Omniture as a technical consultant and have more than 12 years of Web experience spanning from development and programming to graphic design to analytics. And of course I'm also a professional photographer who LOVES SmugMug and use my own site to play around with all the latest and greatest tools we have.

Reading other discussions I think that SmugMugers would love to have integrated analytics that also offers them centralized paid search management for all the top search engines to drive more PROFITABLE traffic to their galleries and the ability to analytically increase the number of orders and revenue generated (among other pretty sweet things). I'm not in sales so I don't get a commission on this but I'd love to submit this as a feature request because as a pro user myself, I know *I* would love to have this integration.
    Thanks again! We're doing some stuff right now (can't tell you what it is) but it's SEO related. Stay tuned deal.gif