A Potpourri : Porsche, Maseratti, And A Spectacular Ferrari

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
edited May 18, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
538734386_GMmZi-XL.jpg

538734388_F87hK-XL.jpg

538734473_TzziU-XL.jpg

538734378_XYVyk-XL.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2009
    Howdy Tom,

Once again, super rich and clean colors and images, I think you need to send that Lens down to Texas for a little rest:D I promise it'll have it's own bedroom.

Very Nicely done once again, such classic beauties, well captured.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • Chile ChefChile Chef Registered Users Posts: 473 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2009
    black mamba, Thanks a lot.

I had to get my droll cup out, Laughing.gif.

I see in one of your captures they actually drive those cars.
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2009
    Hi Craig,

I sure appreciate your support. You know me....a car show of this caliber gets my blood flowing. With cars like this, in this setting, it's hard to take a bad picture.

Take care,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2009
    Hey Chile Chef...

Some of the race cars are actually still raced in a couple of vintage car series. Some of the other collectible cars are mostly " trailer queens ". By rules of the show, though, all cars ( with VERY FEW exceptions ) have to be driven to their position on the field. I always make it a point to be there when they are driving these jewels to the exhibition area.....the sounds they make are as exciting as their visual presence.

Tom
  • Chile ChefChile Chef Registered Users Posts: 473 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2009
    Hey Chile Chef...

Some of the race cars are actually still raced in a couple of vintage car series. Some of the other collectible cars are mostly " trailer queens ". By rules of the show, though, all cars ( with VERY FEW exceptions ) have to be driven to their position on the field. I always make it a point to be there when they are driving these jewels to the exhibition area.....the sounds they make are as exciting as their visual presence.

Tom
    Thank you very much for the info BM, I would hate to have a TQ car, a trailer queen type car And give me a rat rod any day.

That's my dream car to own by the way!
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2009
    Ah once again Tom! Outstanding series... I love the Ferrari. I can't show these to my better half as RED is her favorite color and she'll want one. Not that she has a snowball's chance in h**l of ever getting one. :D

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2009
    Panther wrote:
    Howdy Tom,

Once again, super rich and clean colors and images, I think you need to send that Lens down to Texas for a little rest:D I promise it'll have it's own bedroom.

Very Nicely done once again, such classic beauties, well captured.

15524779-Ti.gif + Its own room. rolleyes1.gifLens like that needs to get out and about.
    Michael