Around the apartment Series!

Chile ChefChile Chef Registered Users Posts: 473 Major grins
edited May 19, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Here's some images that I took about an hour ago, I've used raw mode only!

Small bird.
538888213_cjEma-XL.jpg

Blooming flowers.
538888158_hkNAC-XL.jpg

Alien world, Or top of a wooden post?
538888202_voYbH-XL.jpg

Comments

• Chile ChefChile Chef Registered Users Posts: 473 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2009
    Should I break these up and put them in a different category?
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2009
    You dont have to split them up.......The first one is the best of the 3.......I think that it would have been better if you had cropped it so the bird was bigger... It is a little lost in the tree.

I would shoot the second one again.....Try it in a little softer light .... The lighting is a little harsh.

As for the third one.....even numbers do not make for good composition.....Think odd numbers when you set up composition... 1 3 5

and center of interest....center of interest. azzaro
    edited May 19, 2009
    Azzaro, Thank you sir!

Ok, the first one I was trying out my monopod, and I'm still learning this DPP program and cropping.

The second one was just a quick snap shot in raw, Well all of them are shot in raw!

And I could go back and re edit them. By the way what do you mean odd numbers?

By the way the third one is a macro shot on a wooden post, and it's Dried moss.
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2009
    Chile Chef wrote:
    Azzaro, Thank you sir!

Ok, the first one I was trying out my monopod, and I'm still learning this DPP program and cropping.

The second one was just a quick snap shot in raw, Well all of them are shot in raw!

And I could go back and re edit them. By the way what do you mean odd numbers?

By the way the third one is a macro shot on a wooden post, and it's Dried moss.

For and explanation of odd and even numbers go to this site.

http://www.aaamath.com/g25a2-evenodd.html azzaro
  • LoriKTMLoriKTM Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited May 19, 2009
    I agree #1 is the best of the three. It would look even better zoomed in with a tighter crop around the bird. thumb.gif
    Chile Chef wrote:
    By the way what do you mean odd numbers?

This is a nice blog which describes some of the rules of composition. See #10 regarding odd numbers. http://www.marcpaynephotoblog.com/2009/03/quickest-way-to-improving-your.html
    edited May 19, 2009
    LoriKTM wrote:
    I agree #1 is the best of the three. It would look even better zoomed in with a tighter crop around the bird. thumb.gif

This is a nice blog which describes some of the rules of composition. See #10 regarding odd numbers. http://www.marcpaynephotoblog.com/2009/03/quickest-way-to-improving-your.html
    Thank you very much LoriKTM, I will give the links a look in a while, I'm cooking diner.