DSS 25, late feedback - pyro

pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
edited May 17, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Had this idea for the whole 2 weeks, only got to shoot it today. There was a twist i was gonna do but i do not have the necessary props. But either way, how do you like this foul beast (my apologies to the model)?

538932731_pyX5R-XL.jpg
pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section

Comments

• KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2009
    Hey Pyro
    was wondering were you were... had not seen you around..

on the image.. this is a very good composite and really works for the theme.. however, unless you are meaning for us to really notice the neck being brought in, I would suggest you darken the area and blend it up with the part under it a little, I know you want the neck to stand out with tense stress, but it is too different in contrast is what I am saying...
    other than that... awesome work!thumb.gif

Kat
  • pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2009
    was wondering were you were... had not seen you around..

on the image.. this is a very good composite and really works for the theme.. however, unless you are meaning for us to really notice the neck being brought in, I would suggest you darken the area and blend it up with the part under it a little, I know you want the neck to stand out with tense stress, but it is too different in contrast is what I am saying...
    other than that... awesome work!thumb.gif

Kat

lol it's not actually a composite (well not in the way you think), the neck and the head is from the original photo, but i do see how it can look a little light.
  • KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2009
    ok
    Well I can see what your saying...I can see how it may not be a composite.. you just worked with certain parts of the same photo and then layered? curious now..

Getting ready to post my options for C&C here in about 10 minutes.. please swing by there if you get time later this evening... I am down to the wire and have to decide which one now..

thanks
    Kat thumb.gif
  • CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2009
    Pyro,
    Cool concept! 2 things I would nitpick and you can probably fix at least one of them...
    1) I think the axe head is too dark... I'm finding it pretty difficult to instantly recognize what he's holding... I know it's some sort of weapon, but I'm struggling to see it right away. Also the white part of the wall just under it is making it look like it's a massive blade somehow attached to the handle... maybe that's what you're going for, but it's adding confusion to my eye. I think if you darkened that part of the wall and lightened the axe head, it would be much clearer what was going on.
    2) For as strained as his neck and face are, the rest of the torso looks very relaxed. Probably to late to reshoot, but if you have another frame where the torso was equally tense it could be a more powerful statement.

Hope that helps!
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2009
    thanks, your right about both. 1 is fixed and 2 is not so posible. I do have shots with more body tension in them, but they're a totally differnet angle