Ok Last Round.. Need To Make A Choice, Need Help..FOR ENERGY

KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
edited May 18, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Ok here are my final work ups and the list I will chose from...will list them with numbers.. Any advice is helpful and appreciated, although not sure anyone will have time, but thought I would put them up here anyways..

Thanks
Kat

here goes.. please be critical: I still have some time to work on them...

537029817_SNnXN-L.jpg

539037427_ro3mr-L.jpg

539037380_CWtXZ-L.jpg

539036946_FgcpA-L.jpg

539037181_GwJmx-L.jpg

539036718_MxWjN-XL.jpg

539089556_xAcYo-L.jpg

539136193_6QWqZ-XL.jpg

#9 - the eight choice I am thinking of taking my first original try with the hands holding the tree and integrating a sun and light that I shot into it..

thanks for your help if you end up having time.. I know it is crunch time...

Kat

Comments

• CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2009
    Kat,
    I vote for the first one... but if you've got some time to add in sun light to your original idea, that may be the way to go... it really was a nice image!

The others you've posted here aren't quite doing it for me... There isn't enough context for the Hard Rock sign to work for me and the colorizations on the others makes me feel like they're design elements rather that complete images of their own. That's not a bad thing in general (I've used similar techniques for various design projects myself) they just don't feel right for the challenge to me.

Hope that helps!
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • justMEjustME Registered Users Posts: 209 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2009
    #1 Like it.
    Nice colors and interesting night shot.
    Canon EOS 30D & 50D
    Arizona, USA
    http://justineolson.smugmug.com/

..........................................................................................
  • KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2009
    Thanks....
    thanks for the night shot compliment Justine..

hey Chris... please bare with me.. I added just one last one... what about it
    :D????
    it is less processed...

Kat
  • CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2009
    thanks for the night shot compliment Justine..

hey Chris... please bare with me.. I added just one last one... what about it
    :D????
    it is less processed...

Kat

The first thing that came to mind was "WOW!! That would look amazing in black & white!" But then it wouldn't really fit with the whole energy theme if it was B&W. I really like the perspective on it, but without the colorization I'm not feeling energy and it would be better if the subject said energy and the colorization added to that rather than created it... I think, but I'm really no expert myself, so take that with a grain of salt! :D
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2009
    CWSkopec wrote:
    The first thing that came to mind was "WOW!! That would look amazing in black & white!" But then it wouldn't really fit with the whole energy theme if it was B&W. I really like the perspective on it, but without the colorization I'm not feeling energy and it would be better if the subject said energy and the colorization added to that rather than created it... I think, but I'm really no expert myself, so take that with a grain of salt! :D

#1, maybe #2 if you clean it up, esp the sky (i'm seeing some banding there)
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
    edited May 18, 2009
    Thinking..
    I am thinking the last one with a stormy sky. It was originally shot at night with rain clouds, although the clouds are misty so I can work with that on some renders to make it a dark sky and then tone down some of the color.. The colors are there already from the colored light they use to light it up at night and that is why I was able to pull so much color out of it with adjustments.. I will work with this one..

I do like the hand one too alot.. that was my original, but after trying to put my other sky that has the sunburst into it.. it is a PS nightmare and I don't have enough time to fill that sky behind every leaf of the tree... so I think I will go with this last shot.. if I cant make it work then, the theater.. I like the theater, it is just those letters on the sign bug me becuase they are so washed out..

thanks for the help everybody.. Kat
  • silversx80silversx80 Registered Users Posts: 604 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2009
    Personally, I like #1 compared to the rest but the car on the far right and it's reflection in the window is a bit distracting. Other than that, looking good.
    - Joe
    http://silversx80.smugmug.com/
    Olympus E-M5, 12-50mm, 45mm f/1.8
    Some legacy OM lenses and an OM-10
  • travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2009
    They are all very nice images. However, in the context of the contest, I would go with the first one.

I know I would have liked to see some people, but even without, the lights ad colors are vibrant
    and energetic. thumb.gif

I wish you success cheerleader.gif
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
    edited May 18, 2009
    Im stuck
    well it looks like the advice is unanimous.. I am still stuck on the last one though.. I am working on a black and white rendition of it to take away all the rendered coloration.. I guess I am just stuck on the idea of energy in a different form other than light, glow or movement.. I was going with "Grecian Power" on this one.. because of the power it portrays and the light within the structure too. So, I think I am going to "risk" it and go with the unpopular vote on this one.. just to change things up since everyone else has focused on bright and movement stuff.. Am I crazy for doing that? I don't know.. I guess I will throw this one to the wind and if it falls flat on its face...oh well.. a learning experience..

Thanks for the help throughout and the support.. Have you decided on which one your going to go with yet?

KAt
  • travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2009
    well it looks like the advice is unanimous.. I am still stuck on the last one though.. I am working on a black and white rendition of it to take away all the rendered coloration.. I guess I am just stuck on the idea of energy in a different form other than light, glow or movement.. I was going with "Grecian Power" on this one.. because of the power it portrays and the light within the structure too. So, I think I am going to "risk" it and go with the unpopular vote on this one.. just to change things up since everyone else has focused on bright and movement stuff.. Am I crazy for doing that? I don't know.. I guess I will throw this one to the wind and if it falls flat on its face...oh well.. a learning experience..

Thanks for the help throughout and the support.. Have you decided on which one your going to go with yet?

KAt

I know what you mean :)

Well, try it - nothing to lose - but you may want to reduce the noise on the columns, too.
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
    edited May 18, 2009
    noise
    will keep that in mind...on the noise.. with the black and white it might actually help me though in order to keep the stony look.. will have to play with it..

what about you? I like that girl, but the one you got in the gallery now is super strong too...

Kat