Co-branding-Google Ad-sense

steelephotography.comsteelephotography.com Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
edited January 9, 2007 in SmugMug Support
My first post, having lurked for quite a while. I really appreciate all the advice, good quality images and other resources (i.e. S/E)

I am struggling with trying to include Google ad-sense on my site. I want to locate it on the right/middle. It will be the vertical "sky-scraper" ads. Any thoughts.

http://www.steelephotography.com

Comments

• devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited June 11, 2005
    Personally I don't understand why you would do this.

All you are going to do is divert people away from your own photos, I suggest that putting more enough into promoting your photography, would eventually pay back far more than adsense ever would.
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • CelsoDinizCelsoDiniz Registered Users Posts: 146 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2007
    trying to include vertical sky-scraper Google Ad-sense. How to ???
    My first post, having lurked for quite a while. I really appreciate all the advice, good quality images and other resources (i.e. S/E)

I am struggling with trying to include Google ad-sense on my site. I want to locate it on the right/middle. It will be the vertical "sky-scraper" ads. Any thoughts.

http://www.steelephotography.com

I actually want to do the same. Any tips ? Tks !
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2007
    CelsoDiniz wrote:
    I actually want to do the same. Any tips ? Tks !

Make it a div in your footer.

<div id="mygoogleadsense">
    (now the google code goes here)
    </div>

Then we'd use CSS to position it for you. Once you add the code, make a post in the customization forum for help with positioning
  • CelsoDinizCelsoDiniz Registered Users Posts: 146 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2007
    Thank you !
    Andy wrote:
    Make it a div in your footer.

<div id="mygoogleadsense">
    (now the google code goes here)
    </div>

Then we'd use CSS to position it for you. Once you add the code, make a post in the customization forum for help with positioning

Hello Andy, thank you very much for the tip, but you know what ? I spent the weekend and my night tonight customizing my page using all the tips I could possibly find on that FANTASTIC CUSTOMIZATION FAQ (THANKS) and I guess Adsense has no place in my new site anymore !

Want to check it out ? I'm very happy with the results ! Thanks to you and all the others who added to the FAQ... Here it is the link: www.celsodiniz.com rolleyes1.gif

Thanks again,
    Celso.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2007
    CelsoDiniz wrote:
    Hello Andy, thank you very much for the tip, but you know what ? I spent the weekend and my night tonight customizing my page using all the tips I could possibly find on that FANTASTIC CUSTOMIZATION FAQ (THANKS) and I guess Adsense has no place in my new site anymore !

Want to check it out ? I'm very happy with the results ! Thanks to you and all the others who added to the FAQ... Here it is the link: www.celsodiniz.com rolleyes1.gif

Thanks again,
    Celso.
    thumb.gif