Hearst Castle, CA

shniksshniks Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
edited May 18, 2009 in Landscapes
Hey gang,

Had gone with some friends to Hearst Castle on Sat. It was a lot of fun and I got a chance to try out my new :clap :clap :clap Nikon 14-24/2.8. Honestly I think we live in such great times where we have cameras like the Canon 5DII and the Nikon D700, that can shoot decent pics in low light conditions. Most of the pics below (the indoor ones) are at ISO 1600 or ISO 3200.

539282248_Jmxpf-L.jpg

539295793_pTn5n-L.jpg

539287481_ovbif-L.jpg

539290692_waCdb-L.jpg

And here is one of a flower (not landscape or architecture, but am posting it here as I found this technique worked well)... I shot 9 frames (focusing at different points of the flower, till I got all the elements in focus) for this photograph and focus stacked the images using Helicon Focus to get the resultant image. The software works really well and I think I am going to purchase a copy for myself.

539057334_bTzyC-L.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Cheers,

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2009
    What a coincidence! I just had a friend over tonight from SoCal who was up in SF on a mini road trip up PCH, and he was telling us about how awesome Hearst Castle is. I had no idea the architecture was like that. Looks like it's definitely worth a trip.

So it's dark in there, you say? Sure doesn't look like from your shots. :D
  • shniksshniks Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2009
    schmoo wrote:
    What a coincidence! I just had a friend over tonight from SoCal who was up in SF on a mini road trip up PCH, and he was telling us about how awesome Hearst Castle is. I had no idea the architecture was like that. Looks like it's definitely worth a trip.

So it's dark in there, you say? Sure doesn't look like from your shots. :D

You definitely should go there Schmoo. It is real fun. The only thing I did not like was that the tour was rushed and one can't use tripods. While you are there do go to the Elephant Seal point (it's arond 6 miles from there). I have never seen (or smelt) so many seals at one place (well, except maybe at Heidi Klum's house...)... :D

Cheers,
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2009
    Great shots Nik, and I love your stacked flower clap.gifclapclap.gif