DSS #25 -- too late!

MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
edited May 20, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Wondered if I should have posted this one instead, for "Fair." (FWIW, I really like my official entry, but I realize from past experience that I'm likely the only one. This is neither unusual nor unexpected. :D )

539041424_uyDS6-L-1.jpg

Comments

• KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2009
    HI Mark
    Almost sure this would have made the final pick... gorgeous.....iloveyou.gif fair sitting on top of fair,,,, and did I mention it is gorgeous.. excellent bokeh.. love the brown background.. and the wings on your butterfly look like suede..and you captured so much rich color..clap.gifclapclap.gif

what where you thinking 11doh.gif not entering this one? lol ne_nau.gifscratchrolleyes1.gif

Kat
  • MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2009
    Almost sure this would have made the final pick... gorgeous.....iloveyou.gif fair sitting on top of fair,,,, and did I mention it is gorgeous.. excellent bokeh.. love the brown background.. and the wings on your butterfly look like suede..and you captured so much rich color..clap.gifclapclap.gif

what where you thinking 11doh.gif not entering this one? lol ne_nau.gifscratchrolleyes1.gif

Kat

Kat,

Thank you for the kind words. While I don't mind modifying an entry during the contest period, I get nervous about going in a whole new direction. I feel like I'm second guessing myself, which leads to third-guessing, fourth guessing, and before I know it I've got twenty entries and no clear direction.

However, I should have known my last entry was bad when the wife put her arms around me and said "Hon, are you sure you want to enter that?" rolleyes1.gif

Oh well, next time, butterflies it is!
    edited May 19, 2009
    I get your point
    I see what you mean.. I had several going this time around because I could not make up my mind.. it makes it more difficult..

see you should learn to listen to the subtle hints of the wife...lol:ivar:ivar
    the wife is always right, surely you know that? ha ha

Kat
    edited May 19, 2009
    I see what you mean.. I had several going this time around because I could not make up my mind.. it makes it more difficult..

see you should learn to listen to the subtle hints of the wife...lol:ivar:ivar
    the wife is always right, surely you know that? ha ha

Kat

Yeah, except she didn't like my entry into the last challenge either, and that one made it into the finals! rolleyes1.gif Even got a vote! :D

Hmm... maybe I need to get someone else's opinions on things ... ne_nau.gifmwink.gif
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2009
    This is a very pretty shot, Mark. You should put that on your wall or submit to a local photo exhibit/contest.

I often find that I've also taken a "perfect" shot just before or after a challenge. That's life, I guess. ne_nau.gif
    edited May 20, 2009
    richtersl wrote:
    This is a very pretty shot, Mark. You should put that on your wall or submit to a local photo exhibit/contest.

I often find that I've also taken a "perfect" shot just before or after a challenge. That's life, I guess. ne_nau.gif
    Thank you, Linda.

Of course, if I'm gonna hang a butterfly picture on my wall, it's gonna be this one. :D

edited May 20, 2009
    Good one too
    Mark that's a good one too... very nice.. but something about this one... Linda is right, it is a wall hanger... the composition in this one is so on the spot.. and the way you got the detail in the flower with deep color is nice..

I would show this off in the Macro forum.. at the very least...

Kat
    edited May 20, 2009
    All right, all right.

I'll order BOTH. thumb.gif

Happy now? :D:D:D
    edited May 20, 2009
    uh...huh
    :D:ivar
    edited May 20, 2009
    Of course, now I have to figger out where to put them ... the downstairs bathroom could use a bit of color, I suppose ... rolleyes1.gif
    edited May 20, 2009
    Yup
    yellow works well in bathrooms.. and so does floral..good choice... now ya just have to get the wife to agree to it...heheherolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif