Options

Little League Player Posters - C&C needed!

Jeff_MiloJeff_Milo Registered Users Posts: 327 Major grins
edited May 19, 2009 in Sports
Working on Posters for my daughters Little League team. I did one just to see how it would look and showed a sample to a few of the parents. The team mom's decided they wanted 20 x 30 posters to give each kid with their trophies at the end of the season. So now I am trying to refine the layout and design.

Do you like this design? I know most arn't fans of SC, but I was thinking it kind of worked here. I can't decide if I like the outer glow around the cut in images either, but feel there needs to be some kind of seperation. Your C & C is greatly appreciated.

539398441_gU6wA-L.jpg

539399848_Y2fwt-L.jpg
Jeff Milo
MILOStudios

www.milophotostudios.com

Comments

• Options
    tjk60tjk60 Registered Users Posts: 520 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2009
    can't say I like the focus of a poster being the south side of a north bound player.

I think the focus IMMEDIATELY goes to the jersey number (which is probably what you were thinking), but it should go to a FACE or a GREAT play....
    Tim
    Troy, MI

D700/200, SB800(4), 70-200, 300 2.8 and a few more

www.sportsshooter.com/tjk60
  • Options
    ErbemanErbeman Registered Users Posts: 926 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2009
    Yes, in sports, shooting backsides is usually frowned upon. It sure should not be the biggest pic in a collage. Also, I think your banner at the bottom is way too big. I know you want to promote yourself, but the focus of the poster should be totally on the kids. I think you should shrink your name by a large amount. Just my 2 cents.
    Come see my Photos at:
    http://www.RussErbePhotography.com :thumb
    http://www.sportsshooter.com/erbeman

D700, D300, Nikkor 35-70 F/2.8, Nikkor 50mm F/1.8, Nikkor 70-200 AF-S VR F/2.8, Nikkor AF-S 1.7 teleconverter II,(2) Profoto D1 500 Air,SB-900, SB-600, (2)MB-D10, MacBook Pro
  • Options
    Jeff_MiloJeff_Milo Registered Users Posts: 327 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2009
    tjk60 wrote:
    can't say I like the focus of a poster being the south side of a north bound player.

I think the focus IMMEDIATELY goes to the jersey number (which is probably what you were thinking), but it should go to a FACE or a GREAT play....

Thanks Tim, I appreciate the feedback. Your right it was my intention to feature the jersey number. Must subliminally go back to being a life long Yankee fan and my days as a Bleacher Creature in the Right field seats where we identifed all the great players thru history by their number. I wore #7 in every sport I have ever played just because Mickey Mantle wore it. Which is probably way to deep for these little leagures to get - lol

Unfortunatly with 5 to 7 yr olds there are no pictures of great plays so I will have to go back and look thru some of the shots with great facial expressions and maybe try that route.
    erbeman wrote:
    .....Also, I think your banner at the bottom is way too big. I know you want to promote yourself, but the focus of the poster should be totally on the kids. I think you should shrink your name by a large amount
    The banner on the bottom is just my watermark for the web. It will not be on the prints.
    Jeff Milo
    MILOStudios

www.milophotostudios.com
  • Options
    mike_kmike_k Registered Users Posts: 153 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2009
    tjk60 wrote:
    Made me laugh. Good way to say it.

On the smaller images, I agree that some separation is needed - I'm thinking you need something even more than the glow. On the second one it almost looks like there is a little fairy flying around number 3's head :D.