Ominous Sky

EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
edited May 21, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
This is the first clouds of the season. CC welcomed.

540578437_pm4Ve-XL.jpg

Comments

• Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2009
    Beautiful colors and very nice composition Eia. thumb.gifthumb Must be nice to have blue skies every day till the middle of May! No such luck here. :cry

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2009
    Nice sky! Very forboding thumb.gif

However, if there's a nit, it's that I'd like to see a cropping out a little of the right side, (beyond that concrete jutty-out-thing), as there doesn't seem to be anything going on over there.
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2009
    Jack'll do wrote:
    Beautiful colors and very nice composition Eia. thumb.gifthumb Must be nice to have blue skies every day till the middle of May! No such luck here. :cry

Thanks for commenting...here we have blue skies year round so we wait anxiously for the clouds and rain! Usually though we get a lot of hot air blown around with dust. Makes for beautiful sunsets though.
    edited May 20, 2009
    MarkR wrote:
    Nice sky! Very forboding thumb.gif

However, if there's a nit, it's that I'd like to see a cropping out a little of the right side, (beyond that concrete jutty-out-thing), as there doesn't seem to be anything going on over there.

Thanks for commenting and the suggestion. I took multiple shots at different angles that i need to process. I'll try your suggestion. It is a damn...and I had to balance myself in a bass boat while I took the picture; quite tricky trying to wait for the waters to be calm before the next wave or ripple. It was quite a challenge but fun. The clouds were really freaky as they rolled over shadowing everything.
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2009
    You have this subject nicely composed and exposed. :D
    Reminded me of an album cover when I first looked.

Soon our cloudy skies will almost leave for the summer. Lest it seems
    that way. Heat till October something...
    Michael
    edited May 21, 2009
    DaddyO wrote:
    You have this subject nicely composed and exposed. :D
    Reminded me of an album cover when I first looked.

Soon our cloudy skies will almost leave for the summer. Lest it seems
    that way. Heat till October something...

Thanks DaddyO...It sort of reminds me of a book or album cover too. The mood was the same way being there!