Meet Addison and Branden...

mrlassitermrlassiter Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
edited May 20, 2009 in People
Hello Everyone!
I was hijacking Deucefour's thread on his adventure into the world of multiples (Sorry Deuce...) and promised to post a few pix o my new arrivals. I am not very good with the flashes, can't seem to get the hang of positioning them, yet, so, sorry in advance for the shadows and general crappy lighting.

Addison (Addy for short) and Branden were trying so hard to get here, they nearly arrived back at week 27, I am not sure Addy would've survived if they had. My wife and lifelong hero managd to keep them in despite her spending some time in ICU (intensive care unit). She spent the last two months on strict bedrest and had all the problems you can think of (pregnancy induced anemia, preeclampsia, etc) except maybe pregnancy induced diabetes. Addy just came home home from the NICU (neonatal ICU)on Monday, May 18th. She is doing fine, though she eats too slowly and is still a bit tired most of the time. Branden came home after one week in NICU and has a case of jaundice, (see color in pix,) but, otherwise is doing swimmingly. He eats more than he should and tries to get it all in one swallow, which makes me certain he's going to 'pop' one day. Mom is back to being awesome, I don't deserve her, (or them.)

1.Together again, at last!

Twins%20118.JPG

2.Addison 3lbs 14ozs. and 17 1/4 inches at birth and now 4lbs 8ozs. and growing...

Twins%20082.JPG

3.Branden 4lbs 12ozs. and 17 inches at birth and now probably over 6 lbs (find out later at next doc's visit)

Twins%20040.JPG

4.Happy girl...

Twins%20073.JPG

5.For scale...

Twins%20098.JPG

6. Addy, for scale...

Twins%20087.JPG

7. Big brother 2 (also a preemie at 36 weeks)

Twins%20128.JPG

8.Thanks for looking!

Twins%20125.JPG

You may visit my website for more photos

http://www.peachthorn.com/jpserver/view/Classic.view/thumbnail.php?name=The_Twins&page=1

Thanks again,

-mrlassiter

Comments

• DeuceFourDeuceFour Registered Users Posts: 350 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2009
    SO!! I just got done looking at all the photos on your site, and Ive got to say you are a very blessed man! They are a beautiful set of twins! And once again, no worries on the hijackingthumb.gif Im happy that you all get to be together again. Hopefully your little ones eating habits start to even out a bit.

As far as your images themselves go, I am at work on a crappy monitor right now though not on my usual calibrated Apple monitor at home, but they all look about a couple of stops under exposed to me. Looks like you had your flash positioned at a very low angle, creating a side lighting look with harsher shadows. Something you could try doing is mounting the flash on the camera, or off, either way, and pointing it at the ceiling/wall of the room, let it bounce. I assume your walls are white? This should give you a more direct, very soft light. Like a big softbox. This should help with your exposure levels as well. I myself have yet to shoot any newborns, but I will be having lots of practice of my own soon enough, and I have some family and friends who already want me to shoot their babys as well.

Hope this helps! And once again... CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!clap.gif
  • mrlassitermrlassiter Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
    edited May 20, 2009
    Deuce, Thanks!
    Thanks so much for the kind words.
    I believe we ARE blessed, but you probably only saw the twins, there are a bunch of their older brother (and our neice who lives with us as well) on the site too, I noticed there is no way to navigate to the main gallery page but this link...

http://www.peachthorn.com/jpserver/web/default/index.php

takes you there.

I sooo appreciate the tips...
    You nailed it on the flash, except I was using a diffuser on the low angle one, and bouncing a second off the ceiling, had the flashes both dialed down (further on the undiffused bounced one) I think I figured it out a little better on some of the last ones I took, but will try to keep the flash at a higher angle next time. I will use the excuse that the two year old was in and out the whole time and I was afraid to setup the umbrellas for fear I would lose one of the SB600's.

You will have a blast taking their photos, until they catch on then, like the two year old, they will only cooperate further when it is their idea. He demanded I take this one....

Twins%20138.JPG

not sure if you said, do you know the sexes yet? Gonna keep it a surprise? Are the identical (monozygotic)?

BTW The two year old is actually from the same batch of embryos (invitro fertilization), so I unofficially call them triplets... :D These two were frozen for a couple of years. Amazing how they have perfect little toes, fingers, nails, etc. and not a speck of freezer burn anywhere rolleyes1.gif

-mrlassiter