High above Ullswater

IPClarkIPClark Registered Users Posts: 2,355 Major grins
edited May 21, 2009 in Landscapes
The walk was rather strenuous but worth the view :)

539921655_TEVEB-O.jpg

And another perspective

540634527_JbEFg-O.jpg

EXIF intact in the images

Comments

• R.JayR.Jay Registered Users Posts: 974 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2009
    Hi Ian, lovely shots - especially the colouring in #2. I was in Patterdale for a few days at the end of April - plenty of rain and not a lot of sunshine - kept us off the high fells.

Cheers, Richard.
  • IPClarkIPClark Registered Users Posts: 2,355 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2009
    Thanks Richard,

Well, the rain certainly did fall in places however mostly it was dry thankfully :)
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2009
    Ian, very nice! Glad you didn't get rained on, and what gorgeous sunspots. The ground does look like velvet from here. :D
  • plambaplamba Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited May 21, 2009
    Excellent Landscape
    Ian,

Excellent landscape. Love it. I note from your EXIF info that you shot both at ariunf F7. The text books all say that one should shoot for max depth at F16 and above. How come your pics are razor sharp end to end even at lower F numbers? Your thoughts will be very enlightening. Thanx

Pradeep
  • IPClarkIPClark Registered Users Posts: 2,355 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2009
    Thanks for the compliments all. :)

Pradeep, with regards to the sharpness, I expect this is down to the faster shutter speed, a steadier hand than I thought I had and also admittedly, one pass of unsharp mask set at 50%.

I was using the 18-55 kit lens with the 400D which isn't the best of lenses but you can still coax a nice sharp image out of it :)