Options

No email informing me of order?

Tim KamppinenTim Kamppinen Registered Users Posts: 816 Major grins
edited May 22, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Hi, I had an order yesterday at around 7:00pm EST from my website, and I never received an email notice about it. The gallery was set to proof delay and the jpegs on the website are all watermarked (the originals, not a smugmug applied watermark on the display copies) so I need to replace them with un-watermarked files for printing... I happened to be playing around in the control panel a few minutes after the order was placed, so it's no big deal and I already "shipped it" but if I hadn't noticed and an email hadn't come to me within 3 days the customer would have received watermarked prints, unbeknownst to me. So I'm just wondering if there's something wrong with my site now or what... no orders have been placed since then so I don't know if it's a one time glitch or not. All my previous orders have came to my attention via email. My smugmug url is timkamppinen.smugmug.com.

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2009
    Hi, I had an order yesterday at around 7:00pm EST from my website, and I never received an email notice about it. The gallery was set to proof delay and the jpegs on the website are all watermarked (the originals, not a smugmug applied watermark on the display copies) so I need to replace them with un-watermarked files for printing... I happened to be playing around in the control panel a few minutes after the order was placed, so it's no big deal and I already "shipped it" but if I hadn't noticed and an email hadn't come to me within 3 days the customer would have received watermarked prints, unbeknownst to me. So I'm just wondering if there's something wrong with my site now or what... no orders have been placed since then so I don't know if it's a one time glitch or not. All my previous orders have came to my attention via email. My smugmug url is timkamppinen.smugmug.com.

Thanks for the help.
    Hi, check your spam folder maybe? I have a copy of your email. Order #1000635
  • Options
    edited May 20, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    Hi, check your spam folder maybe? I have a copy of your email. Order #1000635

Hmm, not in my spam folder. Very strange... it's like it just went AWOL somewhere in the internets... the tubes must be clogged...

I guess I'll just have to wait and see if it happens again. Hopefully not.
  • Options
    DanoDano Registered Users Posts: 125 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2009
    I had the same thing happen yesterday. Sale and no e-mail notification.
  • Options
    edited May 20, 2009
    Dano wrote:
    I had the same thing happen yesterday. Sale and no e-mail notification.
    Order #? ear.gif
  • Options
    edited May 20, 2009
  • Options
    edited May 20, 2009
    Dano wrote:
    Just sent it again, Dano.
  • Options
    edited May 20, 2009
    Got it this time Andy. Thanks.
  • Options
    nipprdognipprdog Registered Users Posts: 660 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2009

Thanks for the help.

I've had three in the last week.

999579, 997333, 1002471.

This is a minor glitch that has happened before;

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=74641

http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=74764

Just another reason to use 'proof delay', and to check your 'pro sales' every couple days.

mwink.gif
  • Options
    nipprdognipprdog Registered Users Posts: 660 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2009
    and the jpegs on the website are all watermarked (the originals, not a smugmug applied watermark on the display copies) so I need to replace them with un-watermarked files for printing

Why?????
  • Options
    edited May 22, 2009
    nipprdog wrote:
    Why?????

Because I wanted to be able to place the watermark in each photo right where I wanted it, so I could make it effective without having it end up right over someone's face, etc. As far as I can tell this is impossible with smugmug's watermarks. Unfortunately I have since discovered that this isn't going to work out because whenever I replace a print in an order, it replaces the print in the gallery as well, so I'd have to go back again and replace the photo a second time with the watermarked jpeg...

Is there some way that a photo could be replaced in an order but not in the gallery? I know it's impossible now, but maybe as part of a new release?

Even better would be a way to drag your watermark around and position it wherever you wanted in your photos so this sort of thing isn't necessary to begin with. That would improve the watermarking system by several orders of magnitude in my opinion.

BTW I've since received another order and this time I did get an email.