Options

Where have all the lax photog fans gone?

wmstummewmstumme Registered Users Posts: 466 Major grins
edited June 17, 2009 in Sports
I must admit, I haven't had much time myself to get on Dgrin for the last several weeks--but I was suprised some really superior work at the NCAA playoffs went for several days without comment.

Well, just in case all of lax-fandom was waiting for more girls rec league ball photos :rofl --here's a couple from an recent playoff game...

541730171_uQ98Q-L-2.jpg

541730311_oeeAU-L-1.jpg

541753503_jBKQo-L-1.jpg
Regards

Will

Comments

• Options
    David EvertsenDavid Evertsen Registered Users Posts: 524 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2009
    You are right on several LAX post going silent, I wondered myself. Tried to comment when I could. Your pictures as usual are awesome. I am thankful for LAX pictures this year, made more off them than any of my Football pictures combined on smugmug and then some. I am looking forward to some tournaments and such this summer when I can. Honestly waiting for Football so I can get to LAX, only thing was FHSAA cut everything but Football by 20% this coming year. I honestly learned more about taking Football pictures taking LAX stuff it is insane. Had horrible lights crappy fields because it is not Football but folks LAX parents are committed, they buy and appreciate good pictures. I have had so many committed basketball and baseball parents tell me they are looking at LAX and their kids are playing it because they get to play. It is purposely in FL placed on the spring schedule so it does not conflict with Football. In the 3rd or 4th largest (not sure) state in the nation this was the second year it was official and not a club sport. The largest classification was won by St. Andrews a private school out of Palm Beach that is a boarding school and they could beat many DII and DIII college teams they are amazing.. Sorry for the rambling but all the Dgrin Shooters if you can shoot some boys or girls LAX JUST DO IT.. You will not be sorry... One last thing it is a lot of fun and you get an entire sideline to yourself 95% of the time...
  • Options
    MJRPHOTOMJRPHOTO Registered Users Posts: 432 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2009
    You are right on several LAX post going silent, I wondered myself. Tried to comment when I could. Your pictures as usual are awesome. I am thankful for LAX pictures this year, made more off them than any of my Football pictures combined on smugmug and then some. I am looking forward to some tournaments and such this summer when I can. Honestly waiting for Football so I can get to LAX, only thing was FHSAA cut everything but Football by 20% this coming year. I honestly learned more about taking Football pictures taking LAX stuff it is insane. Had horrible lights crappy fields because it is not Football but folks LAX parents are committed, they buy and appreciate good pictures. I have had so many committed basketball and baseball parents tell me they are looking at LAX and their kids are playing it because they get to play. It is purposely in FL placed on the spring schedule so it does not conflict with Football. In the 3rd or 4th largest (not sure) state in the nation this was the second year it was official and not a club sport. The largest classification was won by St. Andrews a private school out of Palm Beach that is a boarding school and they could beat many DII and DIII college teams they are amazing.. Sorry for the rambling but all the Dgrin Shooters if you can shoot some boys or girls LAX JUST DO IT.. You will not be sorry... One last thing it is a lot of fun and you get an entire sideline to yourself 95% of the time...
    Here is a link to my Lax galleries if you want to see some from LI:
    http://mjrphoto.smugmug.com/Lacrosse

Here are a few of my son from this year
    535137670_R5rvF-M.jpg

537626394_Tt57A-M.jpg

508868996_ZjADx-M.jpg

537626865_29G2A-M.jpg

531642874_Ush2t-M.jpg
    www.mjrphoto.net
    Nikon D4, Nikon D3, Nikon D3
    Nikon 14-24 f2.8, Nikon 24-70 f2.8, Nikon 70-200 f2.8 VR II, Nikon 50 f1.8, Nikon 85 f1.4
    Nikon 300 f2.8 VR, Nikon 200-400 f4.0 VR II, Nikon 600 f4.0 II, TC-1.4, TC 1.7, TC 2.0
    (1) SB-800, (2) SB-900, (4) Multi Max Pocket Wizards
  • Options
    edited May 21, 2009
    MJRPHOTO wrote:
    Here is a link to my Lax galleries if you want to see some from LI:
    http://mjrphoto.smugmug.com/Lacrosse

Here are a few of my son from this year

Wow amazing stuff wish LAX didn't end so soon here. Was done in FLA by Tax Day.. Gave me plenty of Ideas for next year...

clap.gif
  • Options
    KMCCKMCC Registered Users Posts: 717 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2009
    Lax is alive and well. I spent last week in Denver shooting the Men's Collegiate Lacrosse Association national championship tournament.

(Click here: MCLA if you're not familiar with the MCLA)

Photographed 14 games in 5 days. Here's a couple of shots from the Division I championship game between Michigan and Chapman. Believe it or not, no penalty was called.

542925106_tVr9o-L.jpg

542925277_iw8dV-L.jpg

Kent
    "Not everybody trusts paintings, but people believe photographs."- Ansel Adams
    Web site
  • Options
    wmstummewmstumme Registered Users Posts: 466 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2009
    Mike: Very nice shots. The second one is a classic --in siloutte it could be like the Jerry West/NBA logo thing. It's amazing what our kids are going to have to look back on when they are our age.

Kent:

I hope people take the time to scroll all the way down in this post--because those are two fantastic shots. What really amazes me is that you caught both the decapitation and the goalie making a save. I guess the ref's viewed that as just a "brush."
    Regards

Will
    edited May 25, 2009
    The LAX, as well as the Rugby, season ended here a few weeks ago. Now on to Bike Racing and Baseball.
    My parting LAX shot....
    505720588_FoNj5-XL-1.jpg
    www.joemallis.com
    "Most time its not the gear that makes the shot"
  • Options
    MainlySportsMainlySports Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited June 16, 2009
    I'm a LAX Fan!
    I'm a fan of LAX. My daughter just finished her H.S. freshman year on a Varsity team. Fun to shoot.

Just wondering if anyone has gone the collage route with their photos? I started selling those those this year and they're a big hit. I mainly sell them for the ice skating competitions I shoot. The LAX coaches approached me about purchasing a photo as a gift to the Seniors at the end of the season. I created an individualized collage for each Senior and now that the other players and parents have seen the collages, they're all buying them.
  • Options
    BlueHoseJacketBlueHoseJacket Registered Users Posts: 509 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2009
    I did a collage for my daughter after her freshmen year on the Varsity team last year...my wife decided to show the poster to some of the parents on the team...and somehow I was donating my time & photos to the girls booster club. I ended up making (25) collage posters of Varsity and Junior Varsity players. I ordered the posters through MyCanvas and made sure to cover the order and the shipping and added about $10. Any profits went to the booster club.
  • Options
    oldtimeoldtime Registered Users Posts: 331 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2009
    Will and everybody some nice shots
    Not as frequent a visitor here as I use to be.
    I shot our HS Alumni game last week
    Here are a few
    557517418_xsis5-L.jpg

2 Chris Fiefs -Played at Maryland, HS AA, Team captain senior year at maryland, and 1st NC Player to be drafted to MLL
    557946365_sQWsW-XL.jpg

557969961_4m4T2-L.jpg
    D-50, D2H,D300
    Nikon 50mm 1.8D
    Sigma 120-300 2.8
    Sigma 70-300-4-5.6
    my Galleries
    http://oldtime.smugmug.com/
    http://www.sportsshooter.com/members.html?id=6707
  • Options
    edited June 17, 2009
    oldtime wrote:
    Will and everybody some nice shots
    Not as frequent a visitor here as I use to be.
    I shot our HS Alumni game last week
    Here are a few
    557517418_xsis5-L.jpg

2 Chris Fiefs -Played at Maryland, HS AA, Team captain senior year at maryland, and 1st NC Player to be drafted to MLL
    557946365_sQWsW-XL.jpg

557969961_4m4T2-L.jpg

Very nice shots!! Love the colors, wish I could shoot more in the Daytime my home lights are rough. I am working on my collage skills this summer hoping to be able to do that for all sports this year. I am hoping to generate some more sales..
  • Options
    MJRPHOTOMJRPHOTO Registered Users Posts: 432 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2009
    wmstumme wrote:
    Mike: Very nice shots. The second one is a classic --in siloutte it could be like the Jerry West/NBA logo thing. It's amazing what our kids are going to have to look back on when they are our age.

Kent:

I hope people take the time to scroll all the way down in this post--because those are two fantastic shots. What really amazes me is that you caught both the decapitation and the goalie making a save. I guess the ref's viewed that as just a "brush."
    Will,
    Thanks for the comments. I am hoping to be able to get some more of my son in the future. He had a meeting with the C. W. Post head coach last week after his final playoff games and it looks like he will be playing for the D2 National champions for the next few years. Hoping to find out the final details in the next few weeks.This was a last minute thing. He already was accepted to play soccer at 5 different schools and had written off any future Lax. Hope it all works out for him.
    www.mjrphoto.net
    Nikon D4, Nikon D3, Nikon D3
    Nikon 14-24 f2.8, Nikon 24-70 f2.8, Nikon 70-200 f2.8 VR II, Nikon 50 f1.8, Nikon 85 f1.4
    Nikon 300 f2.8 VR, Nikon 200-400 f4.0 VR II, Nikon 600 f4.0 II, TC-1.4, TC 1.7, TC 2.0
    (1) SB-800, (2) SB-900, (4) Multi Max Pocket Wizards