Forsaken City

midnight ridermidnight rider Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 122 Major grins
edited May 26, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Here a couple of shots that are seriously out o the norm for me but I had some free time today and this was near me so I shot it with a Canon.

541863552_wRMaC-L.jpg
Canon G10
1/100
f/4
ISO 80

541873584_VwFXT-L.jpg

Canon G10
Multiple SS ( 3 exposures)
f/4
ISO 80
Thanks for viewing. C&C requested.
If you care more about the gear you use that the pictures you take, you have a problem:D

Comments

• MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2009
    iloveyou.gif #2

The boot-eye view is perfect!
  • midnight ridermidnight rider Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 122 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2009
    Thanks Mark
    If you care more about the gear you use that the pictures you take, you have a problem:D
  • whitericewhiterice Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2009
    #2 is a very fun shot!
    - Christopher
    My Photos - Powered by SmugMug!
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2009
    Here a couple of shots that are seriously out o the norm for me but I had some free time today and this was near me so I shot it with a Canon.

Canon G10
    1/100
    f/4
    ISO 80

Canon G10
    Multiple SS ( 3 exposures)
    f/4
    ISO 80
    Thanks for viewing. C&C requested.

Ohhhhhh nice going midnight rider, I like you take on these.
    Never thought about doing half a shot in B&W,
    that's really interesting ..... note to self .... you need to try this technique.

That last one is nicely done too clap.gifclap.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • midnight ridermidnight rider Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 122 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2009
    Thanks whiterice and skippy.

Skippy this is an effect that I like on several images although it does not work well on a lot of things.
    Here is the first image that I tried it on.
    488312466_EnLJb-L.jpg

All I do is convert to the image to black and white and then apply a gradient tool to the same layer. I work in CS4 so I am not sure how this would be done in lightroom or elements but I hope this is helpful none the less.
  • RoadkillRoadkill Registered Users Posts: 494 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2009
    Very nice shots and I like that concept, I will have to try some of that
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,954 moderator
    edited May 25, 2009
    I love the boot shot. clap.gif I think the first shot would be better if it didn't have the tilt. Tilting can give a sense of motion, but the only thing moving in the frame is very small compared to the static buildings. The composition and content are good enough to stand on their own. The gradient B&W works well, so I don't think it needs additional tricks. Just my .02 €.
    edited May 26, 2009
    Thanks Roadkill and Richard
    Richard thank you for the critique, I may try to straighten the first one if I find the time. I agree that the slant does imply motion in the photo.